Thread: Configure outgoing line for call forwarding

Default Configure outgoing line for call forwarding

Hi all, I'm running into an issue when setting up unconditional call forwarding. We have an analog line coming into our epygi and when a person calls into our company using that line, and then goes to an extension that is being forwarded, I think the forwarding is trying to forward the call on the same line that already has the call coming in on it. Is there some way to use a dedicated SIP line for all calls that are being forwarded?

I'm still new to this all and I didnt do the initial setup so I may be totally wrong about what is happening but its the only thing that makes sense. If I call in on a SIP line and choose an extension that I know is being forwarded the call goes through just fine. If I call in on an analog line I get the message "External lines currently in use" and then the call hangs up. I assume there is somewhere I can change the call forwarding outbound line but I have yet to find it. Thanks to anyone that can provide a potential solution.

Terry

you are absolutely right, the inbound call tries to be forwarded back to PSTN through the same FXO line. It is because you've configured Quadro to behave that way. To fix the issue, in the call forwarding page you have to select "Auto" in "Call Type". With slecting that the system will forward the call according to rules in the call routing table. In "Forward to" field enter the destination number taking into account the pattern of the call routing record used for calls via SIP (ITSP) to PSTN. For example, if you want to forward the call on XXX XXX XXXX phone number and the pattern of the call routing rule which routs the call to PSTN through ITSP is Y* then in "Forward to" field you have to enter Y XXX XXX XXXX.

This is one of the first things we set up.

You don't have to make special plans for the "forwaded" leg of the call - the routing table treates it like any other outgoing call, so it can go PSTN or SIP, depending on the number you foward the call *to* and how that number is interpreted by the routing rules. BUT - your incoming call will continue to tie up the inbound PSTN line for the enture duration o fthe call (i.e. it is not freed up by you initiating the forwarding, the entire call will pass in through your PBX and back out to the target, until teardown. So if you only have one PSTN line in, you MUST ensure the forwarded call goes out on SIP. If you have multiple PSTN or ISDN lines in, then just remember that for any PSTN call forwarded back otu over PSTN, you tie up TWO channels. We have a single iSDN-2 trunk on our Q4 at the moment so one forwwaded call ties up both channels unless it's forwarded via SIP.

UNLESS you can plan with your telco a CentrEx feature which enables you to set up a Forward On No Reply or Forward On Busy at the telco exchange.

Thread Information