Thread: release 5: Programmable Keys Configuration

Default release 5: Programmable Keys Configuration

Hi all, you mist 1 requirement on the Programmable Keys Configuration menu on the new version 5. Is not possible to put my custom config.

Look that for next release

Have a nice day.

There is no such item in 5.0 releases. And there will not be possibility to put your custom configuration file on Quadro in upcoming releases. Currently, in 5.0 you are able to assign some programmable buttons functionality to the keys of the phones (like DND, redial, caller blocking, "watching extensions"...).
    But for the 5.1 it is planned to have most commonly used configuration parameters of the specific phones in the Quadro GUI, so you will be able to modify those parameters for auto-configuration. So f.e. you will be able to modify the "call join on xfer" (for Snom phones) or "splash ring" (for Aastra phones)... from the Quadro GUI.
    In any case there is no possibility to put your custom configuration file on the Quadro.

There is no such item in 5.0 releases. And there will not be possibility to put your custom configuration file on Quadro in upcoming releases. Currently, in 5.0 you are able to assign some programmable buttons functionality to the keys of the phones (like DND, redial, caller blocking, "watching extensions"...).
    But for the 5.1 it is planned to have most commonly used configuration parameters of the specific phones in the Quadro GUI, so you will be able to modify those parameters for auto-configuration. So f.e. you will be able to modify the "call join on xfer" (for Snom phones) or "splash ring" (for Aastra phones)... from the Quadro GUI.
    In any case there is no possibility to put your custom configuration file on the Quadro.

Harutyun

Can you also make it possible to have Park under a BLF by the following command for SNOM's:

*5%23 <--- is the code to park a call on a SNOM BLF it is the same as *5#.

The # is replaced by %23 < --- that is the SNOM equivalent of the #

Regards

Kevin

"*5" is call park service of the Quadro IP PBX. It works the following way: current call is parked on the first available free park extension. So if you have 4 call park extensions, active calls are parked on one of them. So you might have 2 or more parked calls simultaneously. To get the indication if call is parked on particular extension you need to have BLF on that extension, not on "*5" (otherwise saying "*5" in general is parking on first available extension and you cannot monitor abstract "first available for park extension").
    So what is possible to do is to define on the Quadro park extension and on the auto-configuration page use "call park extension" (in receptionist wizard or on "Advanced" page of IP Lines setting in 5.0.x fw).
    This way you can have separate BLF on each parked extension, and you can pick-up calls on that extension by just pressing corresponding button.

Hi there again,

I just noticed on version 5 firmware there is no need for the # key to park an extension ... in the past, I have had to hard code the # key behind a BLF key as an extension to give notification of the key press, as well as placing the park positions behind BLF keys with key type as extension too...

So disregard my request to have to code the %23 - # key into the parameters.

There was no mention on the tech notes... is there anything else missed off the tech notes or when was the need of pressing the # key taken away ?

Regards

Kevin

Hi all. Other suggestion. It is possible when the system sent autoprovisioning to the Aastra phone the config file change de default Aastra phone admin password to the same password as the quadro.

Quadro Architect

Hello guys

@Kevin: as far as we know, that "#" was not needed ever...
    @Eric: do you mean we should send the Quadro password unencrypted, so everyone can catch that ?

Hum, you are right.
    I did not think it has

The # requirement was dropped in one of the recent fw releases provided the call park extension does not have a password configured.

I can't remember exactly where I saw this ..... but I do remember seeing it.

Thread Information