Thread: No ring tone when calling Aastra monitored extensions

Default No ring tone when calling Aastra monitored extensions

I have got a Quadro 2x (firmware 4.1.58) set up with a Aastra 53i, 55i and 57i handsets.

An Aastra 57i is set up as a receptionist extension and it monitiors two other extensions using the BLF feature (ext 31 and 33).

When anyone dials either of the two monitored extensions no call ringing tone being generated, even though the extension rings.

If we remove the BLF monitoring on the Aastra 57i and the call ringing tone is generated as expected, so there appears to be a problem with the BLF feature blocking/diabling the call ringing tone.

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by harryb View Post
    I have got a Quadro 2x (firmware 4.1.58) set up with a Aastra 53i, 55i and 57i handsets.

An Aastra 57i is set up as a receptionist extension and it monitiors two other extensions using the BLF feature (ext 31 and 33).

When anyone dials either of the two monitored extensions no call ringing tone being generated, even though the extension rings.

If we remove the BLF monitoring on the Aastra 57i and the call ringing tone is generated as expected, so there appears to be a problem with the BLF feature blocking/diabling the call ringing tone.

Harry
    You may want to check the AASTRA handset firmware and or settings and ensure that the Quadro deployed the configuration.

I have Aastra 57ict's, 53i's deployed by the Quadro with the firmware you are running on several Quadros 2x, 4xi3's etc.. all working correctly.. even with a DSS console, no faults as you mentioned.

Regards

Kevin

Kevin

Enable firmware version control is enabled on the 2x, so all the Aastras are running with the correct firmware level (2.2.0.166).

The 57i (ext 35) has been auto configured via the 2x and I have configured it for receptionist management to "watch" extensions 31 and 33.

When I dial out from extension 35 there is always a call ringing tone, except when dialling ext 31 or 33.

Have checked all the settings and all looks ok. As stated previously, if I remove the BLF setting for either extension the call ringing tone starts working.

Harry

I wonder what is happening on your 57i telephone that is different from the handsets that I have deployed for myself and customers.

I wonder if there is a setting on your AASTRA 57i that is conflicting for watched extensions.

To take the Epygi out of the equation, remove the Receptionist Management from the settings and manualy add the DSS/BLF watched extensions after resetting the handset and redeploying it.

Regards,

Kevin

Smile

I have isolated the problem to the Aastra 57i Ring Splash feature.

When this is enabled on the 57i no ringing tone is generated when calling BLF monitored extensions. However when I disable (untick) the ring splash option, ringing tone starts working!

Kevin - can you re-create this scenario on your Aastra handsets? Looks like an Aastra handset bug.

Should Epgyi report this to Aastra?

Harry

Actually Harry, the ring splash option is always unchecked on my AASTRA's because of the single ring tone when one of the monitored extensions are ringing.

I turned it off because of that, so that is why I havent encountered the same problem as you have.

I suspected it had to be the telephone and not the Epygi,glad to hear you found the problem.

Regards

Kevin

This is bug in Aastra firmware. But the good news is that in 2.3.0.82 fw of Aastra 5xi this should be fixed already.

Thread Information