Thread: ISDN Gateway and M32x

Default ISDN Gateway and M32x

Hi There,

I have heard from someone that there is a problem connecting the quadro ISDN GW to the M32x, can anyone confirm this?

from what i have been told with the ISDN GW in shared mode to the M32x unit you cannot see the ISDN ports from the M32x unit, is this true....?

If so how do i fix this, installing a M32x with ISDN GW next week monday and just need to make sure they will work well together....

regards,

Shaun

Quadro Architect

Who was that someone, Shaun?

After doing some research here, I found that indeed there are some problems with shared mode of ISDN GW to 32x with 4.1.x software.
    This is fixed for 5.0, so you have to get 5.0 images both for 32x and ISDN GW (if you cannot use manual mode fro now).
    If you need that soon, probably you need to contact TSS.. Maybe they can send you some preliminary 5.0 images for both...

Hi Daviid,

Kevin from TFI told me about this they had that problem with their m32x unit a ISDN GW, i need to install these units tomorrow, how do i do it manually?

I know how to add a route in the routing table manually for outgoing calls, but how do i configure the all incoming calls from the ISDN GW to route to say the AA on the m32x?

Can't u just email me through 5.0 images for both units?

regards,

Shaun

Quadro Architect

I would send you the images, of course, but I am afraid the 5.0 image for ISDN GW is far from being good enough for release. It is not yet tested at all. I don't want to send you an image, which will create bigger problems than it will solve...
    It'll be better if you install the ISDN GW in manual way for this installation. Configuring all incoming calls from ISDN GW is easy:
    a) on ISDN GW you just need to route all calls from ISDN to some routing pattern, lets say "1111".
    b) configure that pattern in Routing Table to to discard all digits and make SIP call to the username of 32x autoattendant. So if the ISDN GW is placed in the LAN of 32x, it should make SIP call to <usernameofAA>@<lanIPof32x>:<SIPportOf32x>. Make sure the "Route all incoming SIP calls to Call Routing" is NOT set on 32x.

This is a good practice for you to learn how to configure external gateway in manual way
    Better to try this locally before going to client... You can test this setup on any Quadro device you have.

Thread Information