Thread: call pickup

Smile call pickup

Is there any way to implement call pickup. Call pickup, a common pbx feature, is normally available in two ways. All desired extensions are put in a pickup group. If any phone rings, any other phone in the group can dial a code to answer the ringing phone. Another form is where no phone is in a group but when a phone rings another extension can enter a code and the ringing extension number (directed call pickup). Can either feature be implemented on the Quadro?

It is part of the Extension user functionality and dial plan already. You chose a number and say it is a PICK UP group and select the extensions that are within it.

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Yep, just go to "Extension Management"->"Add"->choose the needed option (Pickup Group). Then read the manual
    We have the first option in Quadro - no direct pickup (can do if really needed very much
    Best regards,
    David

You can kind of implement directed call pickup - at least, with a Snom - if you program one of your soft keys to "Watch Extension XXX" then you get a line on the dislpay showing you when XXX is making or receiving a call. But when XXX is still at the *ringing* phase of an inbound call, you can pick that call up by pressing Tick.

Sorry to reply to an old post but my search led me here, I just started to evaluate the Quadro.

Is there a way to prevent (selectively even) the behavior ccomley mentions on Snoms? In the Snom GUI, if I change the type from "extension" to "BLF" the ringing extension will be watched but can't be picked up.

Thread Information