Thread: Call Routing Table limits

Default Call Routing Table limits

Hi There,

I was wondering, i need to submit a complete Voip proposal to a client who has 70 remote offices nationwide, 3 reginal offices and one head office....

70 Remote offices = 10-15 users per branch
    3 Reginal offices = 50-70 user per office
    head office = 450 users

The problem i think i may have is they a while back i read on the forum that the call routing table can only handle up to 99 routes, is this true...if so, how am i able to create SIP rules for this many offices and incorperate other fail over rules etc. as well?

regards,

Shaun

Quadro Architect

Hi Shaun

the theoretical limit for Call Routing Table is 800 records. I would recommend however, not to exceed 200-250 records, as this may slowdown the call setup. You'll actually need not more than 148 records in this installation, if you configuire rules for direct calling and PSTN for every single Quadro in the installation. You also can configure them to call each other using SIP proxy (for example sip.epygi.com, or you can install separate SIP proxy server for them, if they need to be independant from external services).

Best regards,
    David

Hi David,

Thanks for the responce... 200-250 records will be more than ample....
    I have never setup a SIP Proxy server, what would be the reason to do this? Would it benifit the client in anyway?

I do have a question on the call routing records.....

I have a client with various remote offices....

eg:

Branch 1 ISDN number 0116277700
    Branch 1 ext. 2001

Branch 2 ISDN number 0116142024
    Branch 2 ext. 3001

on each branch i have created a SIP rule to contact the other, i have also created another rule that if branch 1 tries to call branch 2 on 0116142024 by mistake it first takes the call via the SIP ext number and if the internet line is down it fails over to ISDN...this works well, but i just need to know if i setup a system with 70 branches i would need to create this type of rule for every ISDN number of every branch....

Is their an easier way to do this? hope i have explained it ok.

regards,

Shaun

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by lambsons View Post
    Hi David,
    Thanks for the responce... 200-250 records will be more than ample....
    I have never setup a SIP Proxy server, what would be the reason to do this? Would it benifit the client in anyway?
    Well, that is alternative approach, and it may be easier to install and manage. You register all your extensions on that server and they will be able to call each other without adding special routing rules on every Quadro. So you configure less on the Quadro, but have to manage the SIP proxy. In such case your Quadros can have dynamic IP addresses (and you don't have to use dyndns). Only the SIP proxy address has to be static. I cannot tell which approach is better, it depends on what is easier for you. Anyway, it worth to consider that for approach large installallations, and to learn how to install a SIP server

Quote Originally Posted by lambsons View Post
    I do have a question on the call routing records.....
    I have a client with various remote offices....
    eg:
    Branch 1 ISDN number 0116277700
    Branch 1 ext. 2001
    Branch 2 ISDN number 0116142024
    Branch 2 ext. 3001
    on each branch i have created a SIP rule to contact the other, i have also created another rule that if branch 1 tries to call branch 2 on 0116142024 by mistake it first takes the call via the SIP ext number and if the internet line is down it fails over to ISDN...this works well, but i just need to know if i setup a system with 70 branches i would need to create this type of rule for every ISDN number of every branch....

Is their an easier way to do this?
    Not sure there is aeasy way to do this... Maybe just to tell users to forget those PSTN numbers To make easier the process you may use the Legible Configuration tool, to automate the rule adding process (upload the same file to every Quadro, and do small corrections after).
    Also a possible way to make such installation easier (but this is not related to this specific question from you), can be a centralized approach - you configure all Quadros to send calls to one central Quadro, then do the switching there. In such cases you will have to have the big routing table only on one Quadro, while on the rest you'll have to do only small changes. But the drawback of that approach is that you have to make sure that Quadro is always up and running, so this solution in not very redundant...

All this is not a direct answer to your questions, but I think this info can be useful..

Hi David,

Could you recommend a SIP Proxy server for me to install for a client, can you recommend both linux and windows sip proxy platforms?

regards,

shaun...thanks

Quadro Architect

Hmm.. we are using SIP eXpress Router inside the company. Works ok for many years now. I believe that is Linux based. Concerning Windows, I am not sure... generally speaking, I doubt there will be normal (good) server software for Windows.

Thread Information