Thread: CID not working

I am using quadro2x everything is working ok except the
    caller ID through PSTN not receiving. Is there any why to configure the CID for
    Saudi Arabia.

I'm not sure what is standard in Saudi Arabia, but here in New Zealand we have to specifically request CID is turned on on our PSTN line before that feature will work.

Hi,

Other place to look at is the Gain Control option in the Telephony Menu. For an FXO line the default receive gain value is set to 6, and it seems to introduce some problems with the PSTN. Setting this value to 0 may help to correct the problem.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by threebit
    I'm not sure what is standard in Saudi Arabia, but here in New Zealand we have to specifically request CID is turned on on our PSTN line before that feature will work.

We have the same and I already requsted and it's working with any analog line.

Quote Originally Posted by mpeniche

Hi,

Other place to look at is the Gain Control option in the Telephony Menu. For an FXO line the default receive gain value is set to 6, and it seems to introduce some problems with the PSTN. Setting this value to 0 may help to correct the problem.

Regards,
    Thanks for the replay. But it still not working. We have DTMF standar for the CID. I change it by fxocfg.cgi. but still not working.

alraiky,

Who did you purchase your unit through? Have you contacted them to do more detailed troubleshooting? Can you verify that if you plug a normal phone into your PSTN line that you are in fact getting caller ID? It would be best to get some kind of captures on the Quadro to make sure that the CID is being delivered by the carrier to the Quadro.

I get the unit ftom http://www.voipsupply.com.
    Yes when I connect normal phone I get the CID.
    How to capture the Quadro logs to make sure about the CID function.

Regarsd,

Thread Information