Thread: M32x in a data center with 50 remote extensions

Question M32x in a data center with 50 remote extensions

HI
    I am wondering if it would be possible to run 50 remote extensions from the M32x running i a data centre with a 100Mb synchronous connection?

40 of those remote extensions will be at a call centre and the rest of the phones will be at the individual stores.

Is this possible?

You need around 85k of bandwidth for a G711 codec... On a DSL 512k/128k that equates to 1 call... on a 512k/512k that may work for a few...

Use the following link to calculate further. It is taken from an Asterisk born website - I am not in anyway trying to divert you to Asterisk .. just the tool that I use and abuse when I need to do the math....

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tools/ba...calculator.php

A few Questions :

1/what is the throughput on the 100meg sync service ?
    2/are there any other devices running on that service ?
    3/what is the latency like on that service ?
    4/what sort of QOS devices do you have at each end of the 100meg sync service ?

If you can answer these it might point people in the right direction to be able to assit you.

Regards

Kevin

I am sorry it appears you have misunderstood my question. I was not asking as to whether or not the 100mb connection is adequate to run the calls, I have already done the math on a g729 codec prior to going any further with the sale.

I was wondering more about the reliability of having 50 remote extensions hanging off this device scattered around the world. Will it work? Is it reliable? Are there any known issues with having this sort of load from many different remote locations all being used synchronously?

The handsets that will be used are Snom 300's, and I will also be using quite a few QCM soft phones. The 100mb connection is an excellent quality data centre, directly piped, and as such has an extrememly good ping and redundancy. I am more concerned about the devices ability to simply handle this much remote activity. (predominantly it will be australian remote extensions being used, smaller amounts of calls will be used remotely from other countries.)

The M32 has a finite Simultaneous call rate, one that applies to the Wan port. Check with your Distributor for more information regarding that. That may also be a contributor to your success, so will the QOS devices providing the access to the 100Mb Sync pipe and also if there are any other devices that will be using the same pipe other than the Quadro.

As far as remote connectivity, success of this will only be as good as the remote extensions internet pipes, and there fore has nothing to do with the Quadro M32 providing remote access.

Regards

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by jloeken View Post
    I am sorry it appears you have misunderstood my question. I was not asking as to whether or not the 100mb connection is adequate to run the calls, I have already done the math on a g729 codec prior to going any further with the sale.
    Sorry ... I failed the omnipotence course ...

: P

Kevin

I was wondering more about the reliability of having 50 remote extensions hanging off this device scattered around the world. Will it work? Is it reliable? Are there any known issues with having this sort of load from many different remote locations all being used synchronously?

...I am more concerned about the devices ability to simply handle this much remote activity. (predominantly it will be australian remote extensions being used, smaller amounts of calls will be used remotely from other countries.)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QuadroM32x supports up to 64 concurrent external calls so, even if all your 50 remote extensions start working simultaneously, the system should be able to handle that kind of load. As far as the number of extensions is concerned. the M32x box is designed to support up to 192 IP extensions so, again. you should not have any issue in that plane as well.
    From Quadro load perspective there is no difference between local and remote extensions in case if the extensions do external calls - the load is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hrant View Post

...I am more concerned about the devices ability to simply handle this much remote activity. (predominantly it will be australian remote extensions being used, smaller amounts of calls will be used remotely from other countries.)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QuadroM32x supports up to 64 concurrent external calls so, even if all your 50 remote extensions start working simultaneously, the system should be able to handle that kind of load. As far as the number of extensions is concerned. the M32x box is designed to support up to 192 IP extensions so, again. you should not have any issue in that plane as well.
    From Quadro load perspective there is no difference between local and remote extensions in case if the extensions do external calls - the load is the same.
    HRANT = JLOEKEN ?

Well to be honest I think what you have written is indicating a system whose remote extensions might equal 50 but you need to think a little further outside the square...

The M32 offers 30 Channels of ISDN Primary rate natively .. if 50 remote people want to connect to an outside line... then you would need to put another E1/T1 Gateway product on the system to cater for the additional 20 users...

So your external count increases from the 50 x remote extensions to 50 Plus 20 channels which = 70 external channels of which only 64 concurrent external calls can be made.

If all users pick up to make a call, are you going to provide a line out for each remote user ? or are you expecting that a 30 channel Primary rate is going to be able to satisfy the 50 + users.

You mention CALL CENTRE .. so that would indicate a 1 for 1 ratio of lines to extensions wouldnt it ?.. so 50 Lines 50 Users = 70 external concurrent calls that only 64 of them will be made.

What are the call statistics for the sites ... maybe it would be wiser to say here are the statistics of the sites... pass them to Greg / Chris / Steve etc at alloy and say guys this is what I am trying to achieve... please help.

Regards

Kevin

Kevin, HRANT is nor equal to JLOEKEN, this is for sure The first part of Hrant's post (before dash line) is a quotation from Jloeken's early questions posted in this topic. Hrant's answer is the last paragraph only, stating that "QuadroM32x supports up to 64 concurrent external calls ..." and "...there is no difference between local and remote extensions in case if the extensions do external calls - the load is the same.".

Aram... GDay...

My thoughts were that if an extension is on the WAN port it is counted as an EXTERNAL connection and would reduce the amount of concurrent external SIP calls. Thats why I was talking about the concurrent calls in the way I was.

If this is not correct please explain the right way to calculate the simultaneous calls through the Epygi.

Thank you for the clarification of who HRANT is ... as I thought he was JLOEKEN as it looked like he was continuing JLOEKEN's conversation as if HRANT was JLOEKEN.

Regards

Kevin

HI

So what HARNT is saying is that the quadroM32x can support 192 IP extensions regardless of there location (remote or local) and it has no effect on the 64 concurrent external call.

so in theory i could have 192 remote extensions and 64 of those extensions could be making or receiving SIP calls?

if so this is GREAT!

NOW another hairy question.... "Stacking PBX"
    if i have a 1800 number coming in over SIP into the first M32x and it has reached capacity, How do i share the load to the next M32x in the stack?

Thanks

Thread Information