Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remote Extension problem!

The issue is that when I call XXXXX911 from analog phone connected to Quadro4x, call successfully establishes (Thus eleminating any assumption of misconfiguration on the Quadro 2x). Problem only happens when using the IP phone extension. I doubt it may be incompatibility of negotiated Audio Codecs, Does the log show any such event?? (because other than that I can not see what is the difference between analog extension and IP extension connected to the same Quadro4x and making call to the same XXXXX911 destination). By the way, I also tried calling XXXXX900 (auto-attendant at the Quadro2x) as well as XXXXX912 (the other analog extension at the Quadro2x), with same results "Number dialled temporarily unavailable".

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Out of interest why is the softphone at A.A.B.B using SIP port 5382 instead of 5060 ?

Is there another sip device at AABB ?

"Subscription-State: terminated;reason=noresource"

Interesting, try with the Softphone using sip port 5060 does it happen to work then ?

Regards

Kevin
    Actually the PC with softphone installed has IP of "192.168.8.241", then it accesses Internet via a NAT router which has a public IP of A.A.B.B. Maybe there will be somebody already using the 5060 as a source port. Is it mandatory in SIP protocol that both Source and Destination ports be at "5060"?

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    The only assumption I can make looking on this log, is that something is misconfigured at the destination Quadro2x. Can we look at the SIP and Call Manager logs of the 2x, taken after such failed call? Are you sure you don't have any service enabled at the destination extension "xxxxx911" - callerid based one, like call blocking, or forwarding to non-existent destination?
    I think by examining the log I have posted, I gain some knowledge in tracing the SIP conversation! I agree with you Davrays, there should be something on the Quadro2x!
    Maybe it allows calls from XXXXX711 and XXXXX712 (the two analog phones on Quadro4x), but not from XXXXX731 (IP extension on Quadro4x). The problem is that the Quadr2x is in another country, and I have no access to it currently (it is not connected to Internet on a public IP). All I remember is that I did not configure anything to block calls by CallerID!
    A question come to my mind now: What will be the default behavior of the Quadro in that regard? Will it by default reject calls from Unknown to it addresses (even if they are registered to sip.epygi.com)?
    I will try to arrange remote access to the Quadro2x, in the meantime, any comments are really appreciated!

Do you have some sort of caller ID blocking in the call routing of the 2X ...

Heres a quick diagnostic tip.. swap the extensions 11 and 31 around... and try calling from the swapped remote extension number to see if you have the same problem.

If you can gain access to the remote 2X extension then you have somethoing at the 2x that is rejecting extension 31.

I hope this bit of analysis helps you in your endeavours.

Regards

Kevin

Nice idea for troubleshooting! But how to swap extensions? I think I should swap the SIP registration settings, but I do not know the passwords since they come by default hidden! Any suggestions?

I found passwords in the system log files. I managed to make my remote extension "31" have the registered XXXXX711@sip.epygi.com. and tried to make a call, but strangely same problem result "Dialled number temporarily unavailable"!

Temporarily make inactive the line setting of extension 11 and edit the remote extension line setting from 31 to 11 I take it you have remote management access o this quadro...

Regards,

Kevin

Ps Papua New Guinea ?

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Temporarily make inactive the line setting of extension 11 and edit the remote extension line setting from 31 to 11 I take it you have remote management access o this quadro...
    Yep. Kevin is right. This kind of test will be more informative: instead of swapping the SIP account, you can swap the Remote Extension registration - just register your X-Lite with different usename/password as a remote extension on ext 11. This way we can see if the extension settings on ext 31, are the reason of problem.
    Though I doubt that it is the case... We need the logs from 2x. They will tell everything... at least to me

Best regards,
    David

P.S. You are getting pretty advanced, acs@kems.net, if you found the password from the logs Most of resellers don't like looking into logs at all

Wink

Wow... you have remote extensions on the analogue - FXS ports of the Epygi's .I have never looked. awesome ...

Hmmm... ok... I just had a look via my telephone system and cant seem to find the remote facility on the XS / analogue ports... where do I need to look....

Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by KSComs; 06-12-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Quadro Architect

Hmm... I don't know where are you looking, Kevin, but there definitely should be a "Remote Settings" in "Extensions Management - Edit Entry" page
    It is there on all extensions - IP (attached to IP Line), analog (attached to FXS line), virtual (not attached to anything). But, of course, you can activate the Remote Extension only on IP and analog extensions.

Regards,
    David

Thread Information