Thread: Fax software

Default Fax software

Yes I know fax is legacy, but but until it is dead, we need to support it.

The objective is to eliminate fax machines.

My understanding is fax-in can be delivered by:
    Enabling T38 pass thru on the extension that will ring and have an email address for the send options in the voice mail box of that extension. This then sends you the email with the fax in tiff form.

The problem is this is fax-in only.

Does any one know of a low/no cost fax-out software solution that works with Epygi?

Has anyone tried fax software such as:
    - http://www.callweaver.org/
    - http://www.zoiper.com/

Thanks
    ________
    TOYOTA GROUP
    ________
    Honda Cb250 Jade History
    Last edited by t_h_048d3; 04-09-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Quadro Architect

Hmm... I didn't use any of those solutions. The only info I can give you is the following:
    1. Quadro's FAX is compatibility tested with Kapanga Softphone (www.kapanga.net). But that only means it can send/receive FAX as an external client of Quadro. I doub't if it works as IP Line.

2. As far as I know, Australian guys use Quadro with FaxBack solution (www.faxback.com). You may want to look at that too.

3. Epygi doesn't have plans to integrate FAX sending on Quadro (including support of T.38 on IP Lines) yet, as there is not much requests for that. This tast is a considerable effort, so we'll not start that unless we feel big demand. If somebody feels this is extremely important and can help selling considerabler amount of units, please notify us through your distributor or directly contact our Product Management.

Good luck to you,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Hmm... I didn't use any of those solutions. The only info I can give you is the following:
    1. Quadro's FAX is compatibility tested with Kapanga Softphone (www.kapanga.net). But that only means it can send/receive FAX as an external client of Quadro. I doub't if it works as IP Line.

2. As far as I know, Australian guys use Quadro with FaxBack solution (www.faxback.com). You may want to look at that too.

3. Epygi doesn't have plans to integrate FAX sending on Quadro (including support of T.38 on IP Lines) yet, as there is not much requests for that. This tast is a considerable effort, so we'll not start that unless we feel big demand. If somebody feels this is extremely important and can help selling considerabler amount of units, please notify us through your distributor or directly contact our Product Management.

Good luck to you,
    David

Yes Blame zeeee Ozzies...

Faxback is a great solution and marriage with the Epygi system and works very very well ...

You can send T38 till you are blue in the face and receive them via the normal Epygi means ( in your extensions voicemail box or a virtual your choice).

Anyway... Zoiper, Kapanga... they are 2 that I have tried but to be honest... even though they work... I would rather just use "PRINT TO FAX" option as I do with Faxback.

The others are telephones as well and they would have their place in the world... but are a little cumbersome... ease of use is definitely with and in the FAXBACK software [ hint to Faxback - insert freebee registration for me here : ) ]

Zoiper, needs you to browse from within you folders and files to be able to select your file before you make the call from memory. Kapanga I think was similar. Faxback = PRINT TO FAX which is what I like and successful faxes are saved as a tiff file for permanent record in the SENT box of the fax with time and date stamp.

As you see there are differences with the packages, all have there strengths, but for a normal office, PRINT TO FAX wins hands down. Telephones are better supplied as a piece of hardware.

If you need CLICK TO DIAL then I can recommend a tsapi driver which works for Win2k, WinXP but untested on VISTA.

This driver installs as as a DIAL UP driver in Windows and allows you to use things like - OUTLOOK Dialling of contacts, ACT Dialling of contacts in fact any CRM package that runs a CLICK TO DIAL component and looks for a Windows Dialler should work with this.

Installation is very easy and straight forward, although there are some things documented in the German language, a bit of comparing it to what you see and you will work out the differences.

Oh you want to know more about this... sorry... Its called SipTAPI found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/siptapi/

Regards,

Kevin

David,
    1. Thanks for the information. I will look into Kapanga Softphone (www.kapanga.net).
    2. Will avoid fax server software having looked after large installations of them ... complex and $$$
    3. Fully appreciate reluctance to invest in fax sending ... complexity is high, return is low.

Guidance on low cost 3rd party solutions is all I am looking for .. this is delivered, thanks

Thomas
    ________
    Vapor Lounge
    ________
    Alaska medical marijuana dispensaries

Kevin,
    I will look at the Server and Workstation T.38 drivers ... they look promising and the $ seem acceptable.

http://voip.alloy.com.au/FAX-T38-SRV.htm
    http://voip.alloy.com.au/FAX-T38-WS.htm

..have to mention the marketing seems poor.
    ________
    Hawaii dispensaries
    ________
    Honda Valkyrie history

Quote Originally Posted by t_h_048d3 View Post
    Kevin,
    I will look at the Server and Workstation T.38 drivers ... they look promising and the $ seem acceptable.

http://voip.alloy.com.au/FAX-T38-SRV.htm
    http://voip.alloy.com.au/FAX-T38-WS.htm

..have to mention the marketing seems poor.
    Not a problem there, the marketing for the product is reliant heavily upon the reseller network like myself etc... I am not an Alloy employee or even employed by Epygi... I am however an active participant in the Epygi realm....

I use the t38 faxback software.... a demo version of it... and it works a treat... I dont like the others mentioned here because you have to fire up a softphone, attach a file by browsing then dial the number etc.. too damn cumbersome...

The faxback solution for me provides 100% accuracy for outward faxing....

Regards

Kevin

Default FaxBack

Hi Kevin, can you tell me whether you are still using the Faxback software? Have you tried their hardware solution? I saw the cost of the server drivers & client drivers from a link on the Alloy site, it seems really cheap compared to other faxing solutions? What am I missing here? I received an email from the netsatisfaxtion guys in the states & the price for their solution is around $2000 US, it includes a 2 port gateway with analog FXO connecting to a PBX & FXS connecting to a fax machine. My client already has a VOIP solution with Epygi & Snom, why would I need the GW & spend $2000 US. Can I not simply buy the driver software, run the server software on a backup server running 24/7 365, & each client on the network has the client software? Thanks for any advice - Regards Brad

The Epygi already allows fax pass thru, so you just need the client software. The Epygi can redirect fax calls via email so it also acts as a hardware type of fax server. Why would you need anything else apart from a single fax machine to scan documents thru and fax out via the Epygi ?

BTW I still am finding the Fax client the cheapest solution for there appears to be no need for the fax server software unless you want all of the reporting etc.

Regards

Kevin

Talking Fax software

Hi Kevin, thanks for the speedy response. Is there a software demo version available for the client? Is it from the Alloy site? Cheers Brad

good question... I think I was one of the Beta testers for an advanced release. I would suggest that you might want to get in contact with the Alloy people... and let them know that you are after a trial key ( I am not sure if there is one yet ) or demonstration version as it were....

Oh yeh let them know I sent you .. some contact details below for you if you didnt have them before...

Email the Alloy Sales Team: sales@alloy.com.au Call the Alloy Sales Team: Melbourne - (61 3) 8562 9000
    Sydney - (61 2) 8080 9600
    Canberra - (61 2) 6281 4922

Regards

Kevin

Thread Information