Thread: Calls with a laud metal noise

Default Calls with a laud metal noise

hi!

I had 2 Quadro's 16xi Stacked almost with 75 extensions (most of the ipphones are Thomson ST2030 ) and growing..., and a E1T1 gateway for PSTN lines of both quadros and to GSM ISDN Gateways for gsm calls

All 3 Quadros are properly configured (IP connections (same network), Routing Table(to work between quadros) , IPLINES, etc), all this were working fine until yesterday...suddenly and sometimes we get a LAUD metal noise when try to make a call...local or external(gsm or fixed line)...

need help to figure what is happening here

Regards
    NLucas

a...guys...i will appreciate some help...with my problem...it's getting worse...

Quadro Architect

Lucas, this is not a typical question to be answered on the forum... LOUD metal noise is not what people usually get when using Quadro, and they cannot help here The only way to resolve this, is to open a TSS ticket, describing the type of those calls (sourse/destination) and attaching a DSP or Call capture to the ticket.
    If you want to debug the situation yourself, you'll need to make RTP captures of the packets
    1. Between the phone and the Quadro; 2. Between Quadros. This shoul be done during the bad call.

hi Davrays, actually i don't had any option to open a TSS ticket, so how can i resolve this?

i'm debugging this problem by myself cause i can't get any support to this and it's getting worse.

Already made many captures RTP, SIP, DSP captures, etc , and i think the problem isn't between Quadros but in the Gateway E1T1, and now Fax's are getting problems too

The lines were tested yesterday by the Provider and they said it's ok....

Quadro Architect

Well, as far as I know you should be able to open a ticket, but I am not pretty sure.
    I'll ask TSS guys to check your account. Also I will try to attract our E1T1 guys attension to this issue. Do you listen that loud noise in DSP captures from E1T1 Gateway or can you listen that noise, when playing RTP capture of stream sent from E1T1 GW? Which SW version of QuadroE1T1 do you use?

Found it, is in TimeSlot 4 at GW E1T1(v4.1.19) and for now it's disabled for in/outgoing calls

Should i open the TSS ticket anyway? The metal noise is at that timeslot...(i've tesded) maybe a hardware problem?

Quadro Architect

Nuno, Souren told me that now you have access to TSS tickets section, and it would be nice to find out what has gone wrong with that channel (this problem is unkown to us). I think it is important to you too - to find out whether this is a HW or SW problem and find whether it can happen from time to tome on any channel.
    So can you please open a TSS ticket, so we can analyse the problem and find out what can be done to avoid such issues in the future.

Thanks,
    DVR

Thread Information