Thread: Config interface

Default Config interface

Have recently found a problem with the web config interface.
    Every month or thereafter the webpage will not respond and report a page load error.

I can ping the IP and the phone system is online and working but to get the UI loaded again I need to reboot the system.

Obviously this is a bit of a pain when the system is not onsite.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

I can't say I have ever seen that problem, are you sure the fault is not isolated to your web-browser, also have you tried using the QCC is that able to get a green icon for the unit?

Cant connect using the QCC either..reports server not found..
    But I can still ping the IP and the system is still up and running..

Weired? have you tried upgrading the firmware? Also do you have a lot in terms of firewall rules on the box. I had a situation once were the firewall needed to be rebuilt because it had somehow became corrupt and was causing issues. I can't remember if it interfered with the web-gui on the pbx though? A good test might be to see if you can access the gui from the lanside and not the wanside, if that is true then I would point the finger at the firewall.

I have seen this before, where a DHCP server is on the wan and the epygi has had its wan and lan connected to the same switch.

I did advise the client that this isnt the proper way to do things. They bought the Epygi direct elsewhere.. and then asked me to come in and rectify what they couldnt do, but still refused to have seperation.

That client I cant help.

If your problem is generated via something similar, you will need to seperate the lan and wan to rectify.

Have a look at the topology of the network, is there a link between the 2 ethernet ports ?

Is there a DHCP server on the WAN port providing the Epygi with an IP? How do you get access to the Epygi? Via DMZ or via Port Forwarding ? or is it via PPTP or PPTP pass through ? look at your network, map it out and see if there is something that will cause the problem where your HTTP requests are blocked.

Regards

Kevin

Default topology

Not sure if this is causing the problems but this is how the Quadro is setup:

see attached jpg

Also the quadro does NOT control any FW settings or DHCP just the basic telephony functions.
    DHCP and the FW is controlled in the router..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mjnorris; 05-30-2008 at 01:40 AM.

Hi there...

I would suggest to seperate the lan and wan. This is exactly what a new customer refused to do and caused the exact same problem.

Use PPTP for connections to the telephones if needed.

Regards

Kevin

Thread Information