Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grandstream BudgetTone-200 not working

Talking Grandstream not working as expected --> thats a feature

One of our customers (against our advice) was using a Budgettone phone with a Quadro 4x and had numerous problems with it, failing to register/ dropping calls on transfer/ poor audio quality. We swapped it out for an Aastra. Problem went away. Don't blame the Quadro's for a poor quality handset. Even if you do get the grandstream to work its only going to give you on going problems, my advice would be to return it and replace it for either a snom or Aastra.

Check out this website and find out how other people are finding thr grandstream deployments. http://www.grandstreamsucks.com/phpbb/

Have you upgraded the Firmware of the BudgetTone handset direct from Grandstreams website ?

http://grandstream.com/firmware.html

If not and you are not sure how to perform the upgrade, is it possible for you to get a GXP-2000 or GXP-2010 handset instead of the BT series handset that you have ? or even get a SNOM 300 / AASTRA 51i ?

Those telephones seem to have less problems with configuration. I just dragged out 2 x GXP2000 handsets undusted them and manually installed the latest firmware and then connected them via the Epygi to verify they work correctly with the Epygi which it does.

Regards

Kevin

phinet01, were you able to identify the GrandStream's firmware version ? Any update on this ?

Thanks.

I checked through the TS section of your site but i didnt see how to upgrade to the latest 4.1.57, could you please help out on how to go about this?

PHO

Thanks everyone. Below is the BT-200 FW version.
    Program-- 1.1.1.14 Bootloader-- 1.1.1.5.

If this BT upgrade would only solve the problems partially, then it's not worth the effort. Does GXP-2000 works well or should I replace these BTs with AASTRA51i?
    I'm kinda frustrated.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by phinet01 View Post
    Thanks.

I checked through the TS section of your site but i didnt see how to upgrade to the latest 4.1.57, could you please help out on how to go about this?

PHO

The BT200's firmware should be version 1.1.6.16 from the tftp site 168.75.215.189

Grandstream BT200 Firmware - http://grandstream.com/DOWNLOAD/FIRM...0_1.1.6.16.zip

Grandstream Bug Fix for prior firmware - http://grandstream.com/DOWNLOAD/FIRM...0_1.1.6.16.pdf

NOTE:
    *Firmware upgrade to 1.1.6.16 does not have the router feature on the GXP2000 and BT200.

If you are not sure about firmware upgrades, ask the company that sold you the telephone to upgrade the firmware for you.

Epygi Quadro's firmware is only 4.1.52 ( Stable Release ) that is the software to use.

Regards

Kevin

Thanks everyone. Below is the BT-200 FW version.
    Program-- 1.1.1.14 Bootloader-- 1.1.1.5.
    Regards
    So the problem is in SW version of the IP-Phone, I guess.
    Last edited by aramk; 04-22-2008 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks.

PHO
    Login into our Channel Portal from Home page of www.epygi.com, then go to "Support Documents -> Software Downloads" page. There you'll find the latest firmware for your Quadro. It is 4.1.57 for Quadro4x/16xs.

Wow... I didnt see that 4.1.52 was already outdated by 4.1.57 ...

Regards

Kevin

hello,

Please, does anyone knows if Grandstream GXV-3000 Video IP Phone works well with Quadro PBX or CS?
    I'll appreciate your quick response.

Thanks
    PHO

Thread Information