Thread: MER configuration question

Default MER configuration question

I have my main number (external SIP line) ringing on extension 11, attached to an IP phone. I also have a cordless analog handset on FXS1 attached to extension 13.

When someone calls my main number, I'd like both extension 11 and 13 to ring, with the call connecting on whichever extension picks up first. Extension 11 has a VM box, 13 does not. So if I don't pick up on either extension, the call should be routed to the VM box of extension 11.

I tried to configure this setup, but I must be doing something wrong. I enabled the MER service for extension 11, and I added both 11 and 13 to the MER group. But extension 13 does not ring. What am I missing?

This setup is not so complicated and you must have no problems with it at all. Can you please put here the screenshot of MER config page of ext.11, so I'll check if everything is configured correctly ?

This is what I have currently...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch View Post
    I have my main number (external SIP line) ringing on extension 11, attached to an IP phone. I also have a cordless analog handset on FXS1 attached to extension 13.

When someone calls my main number, I'd like both extension 11 and 13 to ring, with the call connecting on whichever extension picks up first. Extension 11 has a VM box, 13 does not. So if I don't pick up on either extension, the call should be routed to the VM box of extension 11.

I tried to configure this setup, but I must be doing something wrong. I enabled the MER service for extension 11, and I added both 11 and 13 to the MER group. But extension 13 does not ring. What am I missing?
    (BTW - Dont forget to enable the MERg .. u havent done that on extension 11 in your drawing.) - puts glasses on and takes a better look at the picture you posted... yes you enabled the MERg under extension 11 ... my mistake...

But look further....

Another way of doing this is to create a Virtual Extension different to your extension number first of all...

So I normally would do the following if I wanted to ring multiple extensons...

From the main number (external SIP line) point its ringing to the virtual extension - lets call it 800... so create an extension 800..

go to 800s characteristics and under the MERg properties .. enable it and make extension 11 and 13 ring.

Also under the Caller ID section name it to a friendly name in Distinctive Ringing - ie MAIN or something that you will recognise easily.

Under call forwardig no answer set the following 81011 as the destination.

Under your routes if you create a route with the following 810?? - NDS = 3 - PBX-Voicemail as the characteristics. This will enable direct to voice mail feature for every extension on the Quadro.

What this will now do is ring both extension 11 and 13 and will after the no answer timer has expired will send the caller direct to extension 11's voice mail box.

Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by KSComs; 04-17-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Just a small note from my side. If you need to enable some service on the extension, then you need to do that under "Any Address/other Address" entry, or you need to create an additional entry if you want to that service to be active when calling from some exact destination. In your case you've created a new row "PBX-11" which means that MER will work when you're calling from ext.11, which is not possible, because you've configured it on the ext.11 itself. Just remove the "PBX-11" entry and configure MER under the "Any Address" row and it will work without any problem. In case if you want to have MER for the PSTN calls only, you must create an entry "PSTN-*" and configure MER under it. In this case all the PSTN calls will ring MER and for other calls only ext.11 will ring. With the same analogy, if you want MER for SIP calls only, you need to add "SIP-*", and if you want to have MER only when calling from some exact SIP number, let's say 20226@sip.epygi.com, then the entry will be "SIP-20226@sip.epygi.com", etc. Hope now you understand how the "CallerID based services" table works.

Mobidutch ,

Not a problem, hopefully the information will read well and help you on your endeavours.

Regards

Kevin

It did . Although I currently have no need for the initial virtual extension (Aram's instruction worked fine for me), it is excellent information that helps me understand the full capabilities of the Quadro. Thanks!

Thread Information