Thread: Monitoring Tricks

Default Monitoring Tricks

Following are some of the tricks that I use with IP handsets and the epygi.

Trick to be able to monitor calls that are placed on park and how I deal with them.
    • Create 3 park positions in extensions ie 401 - 403
    • Set the timers to relate to the length of time to have the calls placed on hold - standard is 15 minutes
    • In Call Routing create a rule 4?? or 4* what ever suits set it as a pbx route type.
    • Now for every telephone ( I use SNOMs ) enter the following information
    Under the Function Key definitions I set the Key type as EXTENSION and in the value I first of all put *5 as an entry to enable call park... I hit save then I go back to the key value and it should have the information you placed in with the Epygi server details. After the *5 enter %23 so it looks like *5%23 this will send the call direct to call park instead of having to wait or press the hatch # key. %23 = #
    ie <sip:*5%23@epygiipaddress:5060;user=phone>

Then I use monitor for the Call Park positions. 401,402,403 on 3 x Function Keys.

Once that has been achieved you will now be able to see which Park Position the caller has been placed in.

This method works also for Key Enablers and Disablers, just make sure that you use the latest firmware in the Epygi and your Snom telephone.
    The above will work effectively and will help you to be able to provide a more intuitive solution to holding calls throughout your business or customer.

Regards

Kevin

Nice trick, Kevin, especially "one-touch park" functionality
    Just to inform, that you'll achieve the same results with Call Park Extension's monitoring by configuring your Snom and Aastra phones using Quadro Receptionist Wizard (Users -> Receptionist Management). In the wizard's "Programmable Keys Configuration" page you can assign Quadro extensions to the phone's keys. It can be regular or Call Park extension (this will allow you to watch the Call Park extensions status and pickup the call by pressing the key), as well as you can put other Quadro features under the phone's programmable keys, such as AutoRedial, CallForward, VMail, DND, LineInfo, etc, to be them available on "one-touch". After passing the wizard all you need is to reset/reboot you phone to get the modifyed configuration.

The Key Enabler Disabler works too, but not well enough on AASTRA's thats what i have found...

ie.. where you have a Night and Day route that you wish to manually enable and disable...

I just turn on/off my Night route

Under 2 x keys set as extension again ( lights up for the key press and gives you a visual indication of what you have pressed ) and I assign them as follows :

My enable key = 000
    My disable key = 001

You can dial *77 from an Epygi extension and it will ask for the Enabler/Disabler key code... I either dial 000 or 001 ( this is set in the Call Routing ) then dial # Hatch which I programme unders keys as per the following.

Under the function keys again I enter the following to enable under the key
    - <sip:*77000%23@epygiaddress:5060;user=phone>

And to turn it off i enter the following under the key.
    - <sip:*77001%23@epygiaddress:5060;user=phone>

Works rather well and makes it a simple solution for customers to easily enable and disable the route. Again the %23 is used so the SNOM phone sends the # key to the Epygi.

Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by KSComs; 03-24-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Hi Kevin, THank you for this - This is very helpful for us.
    My problem is that I am having trouble getting it to work the way we need it to on Aastra 55i phones and I am hoping you may have an idea on how to fix it?
    I have worked out how to make the programmable buttons work etc, however once a call is parked, I need the Call Park Extentsions to Light up so that the other phones can pick up the park calls....I have tried BLF but to no avail....

You might want to verif that your handsets firmware is up to date and then you need to simply REBOOT the telephone for the park keys to work.

Regards

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post

Trick to be able to monitor calls that are placed on park and how I deal with them.
    • Set the timers to relate to the length of time to have the calls placed on hold - standard is 15 minutes
    • In Call Routing create a rule 4?? or 4* what ever suits set it as a pbx route type.
    Under the Function Key definitions I set the Key type as EXTENSION and in the value I first of all put *5 as an entry to enable call park... I hit save then I go back to the key value and it should have the information you placed in with the Epygi server details. After the *5 enter %23 so it looks like *5%23 this will send the call direct to call park instead of having to wait or press the hatch # key. %23 = #

Then I use monitor for the Call Park positions. 401,402,403 on 3 x Function Keys.

Once that has been achieved you will now be able to see which Park Position the caller has been placed in.

This method works also for Key Enablers and Disablers, just make sure that you use the latest firmware in the Epygi and your Snom telephone.
    The above will work effectively and will help you to be able to provide a more intuitive solution to holding calls throughout your business or customer.

Regards

Kevin
    Ahhhhhh... A much improved development cycle.

Thank you kindly Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post

Regards

Kevin

I did this with our Snom 320 Using the SNOM key set to Speed Dial and the *5%23 and it worked beautifully. Set the 2 Lowest function keys on the snom to Call Park Answer thru the advanced link in the line settings so now I see when A call is parked 9 Now if i could just get the lights to flash instead of be solid)

Kevin, have you been able to monitor the state of a rule (enabled/disabled) via the BLF on the reception phone. This is kind of important when turning rules on and off regularily. or does that require xml code on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by hiebpbx View Post
    Kevin, have you been able to monitor the state of a rule (enabled/disabled) via the BLF on the reception phone. This is kind of important when turning rules on and off regularily. or does that require xml code on the phone?

The only thing I can replicate is that the Key Enabler Disabler has been pressed and not the state of the feature which would be great ... but that is a feature request job with Epygi ( David and Hrant ) to put to the board of directors that vote on features...

Regards

Kevin

verify the set to be an updated one and then do the rebooting..
    that's all for the trick, in gif..!

Thread Information