Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: snom m3

Default snom m3

Just wondering whether this phone will work with our quadro2x? or whether you plan to support it?
    http://www.snom.com/en/snom_m3.html

cheers

Snom M3 phones are not tested to work with Quadro, so we have limited experience with that model. There are several Quadro users running that phone with Quadro IP-PBXs without major problems. The phones have a bug in SIP messaging part (CSeq mandatory option is missing in ACK message) and STUN must be enabled on the phone to make it work correct. Maybe that bug is fixed in the latest SW version of phone, but you can use stun.epygi.com on you phones anyway.
    Currently there are no plans to support Snom M3 phones, but we are thinking about that.
    Last edited by aramk; 03-07-2008 at 06:44 AM.

thanks Aram, it really is a nice little phone - that would fill the hole in regards to wireless phones with the quadro + keeping with the snom lineup.
    I truely hope you guys will support it.

cheers

Fully agree with you Taking into account the fact that the users are aspire for mobility nowadays and the number of Snom M3 owners is growing, we should not miss this opportunity.

At the Minute the AASTRA 57iCT telephone ( cordless dect ) is supported albeit under the AASTRA 57i programming works very well apart from having to do the line shuffle to transfer calls but it works.

However.... the SNOM range is my favourite range of handset and I am sure that the Epygi crew will endeavour to bring about the inclusion of this advancement.

NOTE: AASTRA do not support STUN so they can only be used under LAN conditions and not as a remote....

Unless I am mistaken....

Regards

Kevin

Actually Aastra 480iCT and 57iCT cordless phones are in our supported list and you can configure them by choosing from the list in the "IP-Line Settings" page

Kevin is correct by saying that Aastra has no STUN support - thay have only NAT. You can use them as a remote extension, but you must manually configure the NATing devices in the network, when the phone is placed behind NAT. STUN is just automatic NAT configuration through STUN servers. Sure, there can be a networks where you'll not have rights for NAT configuration and the phone can't be used as a Remote Extension.

Ahh thats right thanx for the reminder Aram,

AASTRA's can be used remotely but only if you have control of the NAT routers and also if I am not mistaken due to the SIP port only 1 Telephone at a remote IP address only where the SNOM you can have multiple ( Version 7 only i think thats when they fixed the Stun settings up )

Regards

Kevin

Default Snom M3

Hi guys,

We have a number of Snom M3 working off our 4x and have had no issues with them at all, great phone and has mad working from home so much easier.

Regards

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Ahh thats right thanx for the reminder Aram,

AASTRA's can be used remotely but only if you have control of the NAT routers and also if I am not mistaken due to the SIP port only 1 Telephone at a remote IP address only where the SNOM you can have multiple ( Version 7 only i think thats when they fixed the Stun settings up )

Regards

Kevin
    You are correct the AASTRA 5xx series phone has some NAP UnP settings however it have not found it reliable, while the SNOM phones have always supported STUN they only report what ports the phone is able to get though right now, I've had mixed results with this as some times the firewalls will close the ports a few minutes after the stun check.

So far I have found the only reliable thing to use is a Sonicwall Router TZ150 and up have a VOIP setting in them you turn it on and it takes care of all your nat translation, you only need to tell the phones the registration server user name and password.

The Sonicwall looks at the packets on the way out, sticks the NAT addressing in the packet and send it onto the sip server. Solves a lot of headaches!

While Stun will work you pretty much need to go around and open the ports in the NAT routers.

Can you tell me what you did to get your Snom M3 working. I cannot even get into the base to configure the M3 because it won't accept Username blank, admin, or root and password 0000. What is your secret

GUI interface (as in 'User Guide' is admin admin. Works installed as Snom 360 or Other. Multiple Identity (Quadro extension numbers) do not register to a single base, which makes calling individual M3 handsets from Quadro not possible. This is with .52 Quadro firmware. Earlier Quadro firmware allowed multiple registration ('Identities' or 'Profiles') to Snom telephones.
    Last edited by ultratek; 04-21-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: partial answer found

Thread Information