Thread: French Language pack invalid

Default French Language pack invalid

Ok I think i am turning crazy.

I tried to upload the French Lang Pack in my Quadro 2xi and each time I try, it says the file is invalid.
    I tried with both Firefox and Safari for MacOSX.

My Quadro runs 4.1.33.

Is there a known issue with this lang pack ?

Thanks

Hi, all the Language Packs placed in our WEB are OK. The LP that you are trying to upload into your Quadro2xi can be damaged during downloading from our side. To be sure on this please mention the LP version and the size in bytes, to compare it with the correct file.

BTW, I see you submited a tivket in our TSS with the same question. Better to continue the investigation there, then we'll update this thread about the reasons of the problem.

It seems that the ticket in TSS was not related with this thread. I just was confused with the exact same description here and in TSS ticket. The problem described in TSS ticket was solved after downloading LP file from our web again, so definitely the file was corrupted during download. Please try to download the LP file again using another browser/OS. Also we recommend to upgrade your Quadro to the latest 4.1.52 version.

Kudos to you, sir

It seems Safari was doing something strange with the .bin file, believing it was a MacBinary file. I was ending up with a file bigger than normal, because the Mac was automatically uncompressing it (or compressing it). Not really sure.

Don't you think it would be nice on the web site to include for every downloadable file, the file size and the MD5 checksum to avoid this for other people ?

Thanks a lot anyway, upgrading right now.

Quote Originally Posted by aramk View Post
    It seems that the ticket in TSS was not related with this thread. I just was confused with the exact same description here and in TSS ticket. The problem described in TSS ticket was solved after downloading LP file from our web again, so definitely the file was corrupted during download. Please try to download the LP file again using another browser/OS. Also we recommend to upgrade your Quadro to the latest 4.1.52 version.

Quote Originally Posted by dponzone View Post
    Don't you think it would be nice on the web site to include for every downloadable file, the file size and the MD5 checksum to avoid this for other people ?
    We've already discussed that and it will be done in near future.

Well now I have been able to activate the french Lang Pack.
    But besides the web interface, I don't see what it changes.
    All Voice prompts of the AA are still in english.

Is there something I am missing ?

Probably you've only uploaded the Language Pack to the Quadro and logged into Quadro GUI by chossing "French" option on the login page
    To activate the uploaded Language Pack you need to pass through System Configuration Wizard and choose French on the "Regional Settings and Preferences" page. Some messages still can be in English, because the French Language Pack 4.1.1 is created some months ago and we continously adding services/messages to the Quadro.

Aramk,

thanks, I looked everywhere except there.
    I must say it's kinda counter-intuitive to have some parameters that are not accessible directly, without running a Wizard.

It works great now.

I believe there is a section in our Online Help and Manuals clearly describing Language Pack activation (languages switching). Here is the first paragraph of Online Help on the "System -> Upload Language Pack" page.

"The Upload Language Pack page allows you to upload a custom language for GUI and Voice Messages of the Quadro. The language of voice messages can be switched to the custom Language Pack language from the GUI setting page in the System Configuration Wizard. The language of GUI session can be changed to the custom Language Pack language from the radio buttons on the login page."

Thread Information