Thread: Problem registering phones not in the same subnet

Default Problem registering phones not in the same subnet

Hello,
    We have the quadro connected to the Local Area Network via the LAN interface. We are not using the WAN interface, so the SIP phones are on the LAN segment. Via the LAN segment we have access to other IP segments, through corporative routers. The problem is that if we have the phones in another IP segment, they doe not registrer. It seems like if the registration of IPs outside the LAN segment is always send through the WAN interface. We have the routing table modified, but does not work. How should we configure that?

Quadro Architect

Hello

Actually this kind of setup is very error-prone, and I personally often reject requests coming from such installations. If it is possible, please at least have all your IP Phones in the same subnet, and set them to be auto-configured by Quadro. This may help you to avoid big headache in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmollet View Post
    The problem is that if we have the phones in another IP segment, they doe not registrer. It seems like if the registration of IPs outside the LAN segment is always send through the WAN interface.
    You are completely right - Quadro assumes the default gataway to be on the WAN interface, thus the answer to the registration messages is sent to WAN (if there is an IP set on WAN) ore just lost (if WAN has no IP).
    Anyway (if you are sure what you are doing is right), there are two ways to have this working: 1) connect the WAN of the Quadro to the same network (with IP in different subnet), so messages sent from Quadro's WAN, can go to the corporate LAN network; 2) or add a "Static Rule" in "IP Routing Configuration" of the Quadro, to route all packets through your company router (something like "Route to"="nn.0.0.0/8", "Via IP Address"=<company router>).

Best regards,
    DVR

Thread Information