Thread: Incoming calls taking precedence

Default Incoming calls taking precedence

Hi

I have had an ongoing issue with incoming calls taking precedence over outbound and internal transfers. Basically if i dial out at the same time an incoming call arrives then that call is answered. Also when transferring a call to another extension if an inbound call arrives the recipient receives the inbound call instead of the transferred one. If i press the cancel key on the phone then dial out an engaged tone is received every time.

I believe this is a fault of the Snom phone and was due to be fixed in a future release but does anyone have a solution yet? Setup is 2x and Snom300.

Many thanks

Andy

Andy, most probabaly this is Snom issue. What are the versions of Quadro and Snom ? I tried to reproduce the scenario here in our testlab without any success. I remember such behaviour on Aastra phones, but never faced with this on Snom phones.

Hi Aram

4.1.50 on Quadro and 6.5.10 Snom.

It happens every time for me.

Thank you

Andy

Andy, please upgrade your Quadro to 4.1.52 and the Snom to 6.5.15. If you'll have the problem again, please open a TSS ticket with detailed description of performed steps and the Quadro logs attached. Maybe this problem is specific to your configuration.
    Here are some notes on these issues.
    1. When you are dialing a number from the Snom phone and an incoming call is receiving, then the incoming call will take over. This is Snom phone bahaviour (phone can take the second call while it is in pre-calling state. In previous versions it just was not possible) and Quadro has nothing to do here, as the outgoing call wasn't completed on the phone. This is out of discussion from the Quadro's endpoint. I am not sure that this can be changed using any option of phone. You can turn to Snom with this question.
    2. This can depend of Transfer steps performed on phone. Is the Transfer Blind or Consultative ? Do you use Hold or Transfer button ? At what point do you receive the second call ? The problem may come from the Snoms behaviour described in point.1 or there can be another reason for this. We need Quadro logs to determine that.

Hi Aram

I have progress. Quadro now on 4.1.52, Snom on 6.5.17 (oldest i could find). Now when i repeat the test although incoming calls still win pressing cancel (X) on the snom stops that extension from ringing and allows an outbound call to be made :O), before a busy tone was heard.

Half way there!

Thank you

Andy

Good job, Andy 6.5.17 is OK, you can use it with Quadro 4.1.52, though the recommended one is 6.5.15. Just to inform you that both 6.5.15 and 6.5.17 have bugs in BLF functionality. On 6.5.15 the BLF functionality is broken for SNOM360's expansion module and the BLF statuses aren't correct in some specific scenarios when using 6.5.17. This will not affect your Snom300, however you may have such reports from customers.

Thread Information