Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: night service

Default night service

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me how to setup a night service, ie: when the receptionist has gone home on their old system she used to press the DND button on the snom360 which activated a "night service" which then makes various preset extensions ring?

regards,

Shaun

Hi Shaun, could you please specify what exact behaviour you need in this scenario ? Actually there are several methods to configure "night service" on Quadro. You can use call forwarding and activate it from the phone by pressing DND, by previously configuring DND button of SNOM with "Speed Dial = *4" type and forwarding destination on the Quadro, so pressing DND on Snom will activate Call Forwarding on Quadro to desired destination. Or you can put "Speed Dial = *72" under that button, so the Quadro's DND feature will be activated. You can configure these option also not under DND button, but under LED buttons of Snom - Quadro Receptionist Wisard allows that. Receptionist can also dial that options (*4 and *72) directly from the phone, without configuring any buttons on Snom phone.
    Finally, you can use Date/Time Routing option of Quadro, so the calls to Receptionist automatically will go to one extension in work-hours time, and to another extension in after-hours time, according to the specified time-periods in Call Routing Table.

The Call routing options sounds like the way i would go, can u describe what i would set in call routing? Just not too sure how i would set it up, pattern, prefix, call type etc...

regards,

Shaun

Here is a part of a document "Preventing Unauthorized Calls on the Quadro" which you can find in download section.

Example 2
    Purpose - User plans to configure the Quadro so all incoming FXO calls during working hours
    (from 9:00 to 18:00) will ring on extension 11. If extension 11 is unavailable, the call should
    be forwarded to a mobile number. After working hours (from 18:00 to 9:00) and on weekends,
    all incoming FXO calls will be directly forwarded to the voice mailbox of extension 11, without
    ringing.
    What to do – Two routing rules should be created in the Call Routing table. One of the routing
    rules will have a Time/Date limitation service configured. The No Answer Forwarding service
    should be enabled to allow the call to be forwarded to the mobile phone.
    How to do -
    1. Go to Telephony->FXO Settings page. Set the Route Incoming FXO calls
    parameter to Routing for all FXO lines. Insert the Routing pattern that will be also used
    in the Call Routing table (for example: 333).
    2. Go to the Supplementary Services for extension 11 (for the current example) and
    activate the No Answer Forwarding service for the specific FXO caller. The destination
    address should be the user’s PSTN mobile phone number.
    3. Go to Telephony->Call Routing->Call Routing Table. Add a new routing rule with
    the following parameters:
    Pattern – 333
    Number of Discarded Symbols – 3
    Prefix - 11
    Call Type - PBX
    Set Date/Time Period(s) – enable
    Leave other settings unchanged.
    4. Move forward to the Date/Time Rules page of the Call Routing Wizard. Choose the
    Weekly selection and select only working days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
    Thursday and Friday). Select the Available Time Period in the interval between 9:00
    to 18:00. Finish the Call Routing Wizard.
    5. Add another routing rule to the Call Routing Table with the following parameters:
    Pattern – 333
    Number of Discarded Symbols – 3
    Prefix - 11
    Call Type – PBX-Voicemail
    Leave other settings unchanged. Finish the Call Routing Wizard.
    Result – During working hours (from 9:00 to 18:00) on the working days, all incoming FXO
    calls will ring on extension 11 on the Quadro. If nobody answers, the call will be forwarded to
    the user’s mobile phone number. After working hours, as well as on weekend days (Saturday
    and Sunday), all incoming FXO calls will go to the voice mailbox of extension 11.

hi guys

this was very helpful thank you,

how do i set the route to change destination every week,

ie: week one i want it to ring to ext 11, and week 2, i need it to ring ext 12. week - ext 11, week 4- ext 12 and so on

Quadro Architect

Not sure this can be done automatically by date/time rules in a convenient way.
    Of course, you can add two rules with custom periods, indicating every week separately: like for 2009 you can have rule with
    [Jan][1-4];[Jan][12-18];[Jan][26-31];[Feb][1];[Feb][9-15]...
    and another rule with
    [Jan][5-11];[Jan][19-25];[Feb][2-8];[Feb][16-22];...
    and so on until the end of the year
    That is also an option, but a bit not very convenient, as it should be adjusted/prolonged periodically (probably each year).

But instead of that you can use route rule "enabler/disabler" keycodes to change the behaviour every week manually (for example by pressing *771# or *772# at the end of the each week: for that you should set on the first rule 1 as a enabler, and 2 as an disabler; while on the second rule - 2 as a enabler, 1 as a disabler).

i actually found a different way of doing it, where you can have it ring anywhary any time.

i set it to forward to a spare FXS ext and just manually set it to unconditional forward to "where-ever"
    that seems to work and we can change the destination

Quadro Architect

Ok, that is also a way to go. The only inconvenience - you have to use that FXS extension to switch the forwarding on/off (or have to log in through AA to do that. BTW, if you are foing to do that from AA, you don't need to spend FXS extension; you can use virtual extension instead).
    If you use enabler/disabler rules, you can switch the behaviour on/off from any phone in the system.

luckily i've got a couple of spare fxs's
    thanks

Default Enabler and disabler codes query

I came across this old entry and the feature of a manual enabler/disabler looks good to have. I cannot find any reference to *771 or *772; I tried on the M8L and it actually gave me a tone, somewhat indicating something is happening. Can anyone help explain this as this could be very useful?

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Not sure this can be done automatically by date/time rules in a convenient way.
    Of course, you can add two rules with custom periods, indicating every week separately: like for 2009 you can have rule with
    [Jan][1-4];[Jan][12-18];[Jan][26-31];[Feb][1];[Feb][9-15]...
    and another rule with
    [Jan][5-11];[Jan][19-25];[Feb][2-8];[Feb][16-22];...
    and so on until the end of the year
    That is also an option, but a bit not very convenient, as it should be adjusted/prolonged periodically (probably each year).

But instead of that you can use route rule "enabler/disabler" keycodes to change the behaviour every week manually (for example by pressing *771# or *772# at the end of the each week: for that you should set on the first rule 1 as a enabler, and 2 as an disabler; while on the second rule - 2 as a enabler, 1 as a disabler).

Thread Information