Thread: Incoming routing rules

Default Incoming routing rules

Am setting up a demo of the quadro 4xi in our office and am a real newbie with telephony so please cut me some slack.

Anyway I can receive all incoming and make outgoing calls no worries but all incoming calls are going to the auto attendant which at this stage I do not want.. Have looked over the doc on call routing and just dont follow where incoming vs outgoing is inserted in the GUI..

I have 1 isdn line with two DID numbers from PSTN (0664425533 [main tel line], and 0664425534 [fax line])
    - All the call to number 0664425533 will come from ISDN BRI timeslot number 1
    - All the call to number 0664425534 will come from ISDN BRI timeslot number 2

So what I am trying to do is all the calls coming from ISDN timeslot number 1 route to (to ring all extensions in office)

2. All the calls coming from ISDN timeslot number 2 route to ext. 11

Can someone give me a sample of how to do this?
    What I dont follow is the GUI interface in setting up routing rules...

I tried to do the following but all incoming calls are still going to the auto attendant.

http://218.227.161.210/test.cfm

THanks

Am running 4.1.52/Release

Last edited by mjnorris; 01-29-2008 at 08:40 AM.

Hi,

There are a few ways to route incoming ISDN numbers -

Perhaps the most common is to route all incoming ISDN calls to the call-routing table.

For example, let's say that your telephony provider is presenting 6 digits to the Quadro (we'll use the number 123456).

You can then create an appropriate call route that looks something like this.

Pattern= 123456
    NDS/NDD= 6
    Prefix= 11
    Call Type= PBX

Note that the pattern is matching the called number (123456). The Quadro is then removing the 6 digits and in this example adding a prefix of 11. This would then match with extension 11 on the PBX and would ring the phone on extension 11.

You could then create a virtual extension (without a line attached) and configure an MER (Many Extension Ringing) group (let's call this extension 80).

You would simply then change the prefix to 80 in the rule above so that the incoming call rang that group.

Another alternative is that within the ISDN configuration, you have to the option to route all incoming calls to the AA (auto-attendant) or a specific extension but in my opinion this is not as flexible as the call-routing option.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Thread Information