Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Third Party Call Control interface of Quadro

Default About Third Party Call Control interface of Quadro

3pcc (Third Party Call Control) allows third party developers to write their own software applications on PC to manage the calls on Quadro. For example, an MS Outlook plug-in could be created that would initiate a call by clicking on a selected contact in Outlook address book. Another example would be an application that pops up a window every time when a call arrives to Quadro extension, displaying the caller’s details received with the call (for example, in SIP message) as well as the information retrieved from the database on that caller (in other words, the information that is not received with the call but rather retrieved from the company’s local database).
    To start managing the calls, first thing the application needs to do is to establish TCP connection with Quadro. As soon as the connection is established, the application gets access to the following call management functions on Quadro (only the main functions are listed below):
    ·Create call – makes a call on behalf of some virtual extension of Quadro. The remote end of the call is either a local extension on Quadro or any other external user accessible from Quadro
    ·Transfer call – transfers an active call to another destination
    ·Join calls – if there are two separate calls created by application with local endpoints on Quadro then this function allows to join these two calls establishing direct connection between the two remote endpoints of the previously established calls
    ·Play message – plays a wave file (voice message) to the remote endpoint after creating the call
    ·Inject DTMF – injects DTMF tones to the remote endpoint after creating the call
    ·DTMF detection – detects the DTMF tones received from the remote endpoint after creating the call
    ·Accept call – accepts the call received on Quadro extension monitored by application (if the call is accepted by application then the call is being processed in regular way: the extension’s phone will ring and the user may answer the call)
    ·Reject call – rejects the call received on Quadro extension monitored by application (if the call is rejected by application then the Quadro extension will not receive that call any more)
    ·Forward call – forwards the call received on Quadro extension monitored by application to another destination
    ·Subscribe to voice mail – allows the application to get notification from Quadro every time when a new voice massage is recorded in extension’s voice mail box
    ·Subscribe to CDR - allows the application to get Call Detail Records from Quadro in real time
    ·Subscribe to Dialog and Presence – allows the application to get notifications from Quadro every time when Dialog or Presence statuses of extension are being changed
    Two options are available to applications for getting access to 3pcc functionality on Quadro:
    ·Via MS ActiveX Control provided by Epygi. This method works for applications built using MS tools (like Visual Basic) and running in MS Windows environment
    ·Via XML RPC. This method is platform independent and all interface functions can be called by sending a corresponding XML RPC requests to the server running on Quadro.
    For more details on 3pcc interface see the documents on Epygi’s WEB site. On the WEB you can find also the source codes of the sample programs using both methods mentioned above. You are free to use that code for writing your own applications. Don’t hesitate to apply to Epygi’s technical support for help on any information regarding 3pcc interface.
    Epygi would be very interested to see in this section of the forum the posts from the customers who are already using that interface and have built applications that could be shared by the others.
    Also, I would like to inform you that the Epygi’s HotCall application (MS Outlook plug-in you can download from the WEB) is using 3pcc ActiveX control. The next application that Epygi is working on (to be available on the Q1 2008) is the SugarCRM plug-in, controlling the calls to/from Quadro extensions from SugarCRM user interface.

Anyone using 3PCC with IIS, specifically IIS 6/7 with dotnet 2

Having trouble figuring out how to interact with the control as only webapp example is for PHP.... ugh.

Default SugarCRM plug-in

Hi,

I would just like to ask when the SugarCRM plug-in will be avaliable, or is it?

Regards,

The plug-in for SugarCRM does exist and is going to be published on Epygi's web this week along with the document.

Default sample php application failing

i dont know where is the best place to post this issue. i decided to report here since sugarcrm also works in php. the problem i am facing is that the sample call control application provided with quadro is not working for me. i am interested only in the php application but even the other samples dont work. i am able to create a call successfully, i.e. the phone i called starts ringing (i hear nothing on the headset but since it is a local setup i can hear it ringing on the other side); but when someone picks up, it just dies after about 4 sec. sometimes the call remains on but none of the parties can hear a thing.

is someone else experiencing the same problem or i have any issues with my setup? can this be a problem with codecs?

any reply is appreciated...

sorry, but i forgot to mention that the same setup works fine when i am using softphones (x-lite in this case).

Quadro Architect

I guess you didn't read the 3pCC documents carefully. 3pCC is a 3-rd party call control. That means the controling application is not a part of the call, so you cannot hear anything on the headset of the PC running 3pcc application. To have normal call connection between two parties, you need to create a call to one party, then create a call to the second party, then join them. Your PC is just the 3-rd party, not participating in the call, but controlling that.

Thanks for the reply dave.

I got your point and then tried to connect to defferent phones usng the sample application that quadro provides. But I am still unable to make a call. The call just wont get created. Is it required that the physical extension of the phones be there to create the call as I am testing using softphones (PortSIP in my case).

Also, does anybody have a simple php script which can create me a call. Just a simple call will do :-).

Thanks again guys.

Default this is what i am trying

I have two extensions 311 and 313 on my quadro server. I am using this php code:

<?php
    require_once 'XMLCalls_inc.php'
    $net = new XMLCalls(<authentication variable>);
    $net->Authenticate();

$net->Call('313','pbx:311',null);
    ?>

This script is supposed to setup a call between 311 and 313 but it isn't. It just keep processing and goes into an infinite loop. 311 and 313 are configured as softphones on different computers.

Any thoughts???

Quadro Architect

if 311 and 313 exist on the Quadro, it should be possible to setup such a call (at least the 311 should ring). Maybe if you choose something different than "null" in the last parameter, you can receive events telling you the reason of the failure.
    I have practically no knowledge in PHP, so I cannot help much here.
    Try to use Join. That function is much more user friendly and could work better for you.
    Something like "Join('00', 'pbx:311', '00', 'pbx:313', null)".

Thread Information