Thread: Distinctive ring...!!

Hi all,

Is it possible to set external ( ISDN ) incoming calls to
    extensions have a distinctive ring as opposed to inter-extension calls? If so
    how?Thanks,Paul :-)

Sure, it is possible [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Just create anew entry on the extension's CallerID Based Services page with the "Call Type: ISDN" and "Address: *" (this means "all numbers") and enable Distinctive Ringing for that entry. All the calls from ISDN will ring the phone by specified pattern.

Thanks for that. So I'd have to do that for every extension connected to my PBX? Is there any over all command that could be implemented and applied to all extensions? Basically the extension users want to be able to distinguish between internal calls and external calls by ring tone so they can answer the call appropriately.

Thanks,

Paul

Basically yes, youneed toconfigure all the extensions manually, but you can do that alsoon all extensions togetherusing our Legible Configuration feature. Please get familiar to the documents describing our LC mechanism - they are placed in "Downloads" section. Fell free to ask more question if you'll have some troubles inthis.

Quote Originally Posted by paulk
    Thanks for that. So I'd have to do that for every extension connected to my PBX? Is there any over all command that could be implemented and applied to all extensions? Basically the extension users want to be able to distinguish between internal calls and external calls by ring tone so they can answer the call appropriately.

Thanks,

Paul
    Hey Paul if you use the SNOM handsets, you could use the directory that is inbuilt to the SNOMs and apply a scheme common to all internal extensions using the 4 ring types that you can associate in the SNOM...

VIP, Friends, Family and Coleagues... all of these can be programmed to ring differently .. so you could even set up your big spender customers to ring differently so that you can distinguish between who... this can be part of a common directory that is imported via the SNOM handset under the Directory tab....and then you can associate which is what ring type.... the SNOM has many rings to choose from or you could even upload another .. maybe even an audio saying "MONEY TALKS - KA-CHING"

You can use all different types and flavours of directory files.. again this could be mass deployed at the boot up of the telephone....

The SNOM Wiki will show you how to set this up via the MASS DEPLOYMENT samples can be found at wiki.snom.com

The link to deployment is below:

http://wiki.snom.com/Functions/Phone/Mass_deployment

Regards

Kevin

Default Call Type

What call type would I use in my scenario I have 4 options
    AUTO
    PBX
    SIP
    PSTN

I want all external calls to have distinctive ringing ?

Quadro Architect

I suppose the shortest way for you is to separate PBX calls (create new caller "PBX->*", so PBX calls will be handled differently, then edit the "Any/Other callers" list and enable the Distinctive Ringing on that.

Alternatively - enable the distinctive ringing for SIP and PSTN separately. The rest calls(local PBX calls) will remain without distinctive ringing enabled.

Thread Information