Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random call disconnects

I've just deactivated it. We'll see soon enough.

By the way, one question with regards to the logs.. how much backlog can the box store? I'm sending everything out via remote logging - am I correct to assume that this will get me everything TSS needs? How much can be stored on the device itself? I activated developer logging yesterday morning - I figure there's a buffer that runs over eventually (just like you only get to see a very limited number of messages if you look at the various logs via web interface).

Quadro Architect

How your disconnects are doing, Stephan? [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Does it still happen?

Concerning the logs: the logs are limited by the size of log file, not by time. So we cannot tell how long the logs will be kept: it depends on how heavily the system will be used. Also different logs have different time to survive.

Usually we get from 10min to 1 day (avarage log on an avarage system Edited by: davrays

I haven't had any disconnects when not using the problematic provider and not calling a number that's prone to hang up eventually after a few minutes.

There wasn't much traffic today so I'll take a few problem free days as
    indicators that things really are normal again. Then I can reactivate
    the sip timer one evening and do some logging.

I opened a separate topic on the logging : http://www-old.epygi.com/forum/forum...?TID=1230& PN=1

Okay, it seems the problem is indeed gone when deactivating the session timer.

So, now, how should I approach tracing down what is going wrong when the timer is active (seeing as it happens with all my providers and that they all use different SIP servers themselves I cannot help but think there's something fundamentally going wrong)

The problem might be connected not to your ITSP only, but to the used IP-Phones also. Recently we found a bug in Aastra phones. In some FW of Aastra the Session Timer is sent in incorrect format, henceQuadrodroppingthe call.

Even though I do have an Aastra phone, I'm not using it actively... so my list of affected phones includes the Linksys SPA942, the Siemens S675IP and the Snom370.
    At this point I think it's premature to rule out any component as the culprit though.

I just wanted to inform you about existing problem, nothing else

So, how should I proceed now to gather traces on the problem? Since the disconnect happens after a random amount of time, I have no guarantees that the disconnect will happen in time for the call setup to already have been flushed from the logs (I do have external logs spanning entire days and showing the problem multiple times though).
    Shall I send in the external logs I gathered as with those I know it contains complete calls with all the information?

Stephan, did you finally manage to collect all the logs using Remote Logs option ? [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]If yes, then you can send that logs for examintion.

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by aramk
    Stephan, did you finally manage to collect all the logs using Remote Logs option ? [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]If yes, then you can send that logs for examintion.

Yep, please send those logs with exact specification of the call which was disconnected: 1) the caller party; 2) called party; 3) start time of the call; 4) duration will be desirable. This is to be able to find the bad call among hundreds of others [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img](as often bad calls look OK from the logs)

Thread Information