Thread: Monitoring MERGS

I would like the ability to Monitor a Merg ( Many Extension Ringing Group ) So this can be mapped under a BLF ( Busy Lamp Field ) Key.

The end result would allow customers to monitor lets say 3 or so MERGS and then allow them to know which hat to put on before answering the caller..

IE .. extension 123 monitors the Accounts Payable and the Accounts Receivable queues. 123 also is part of both groups and their telephone will ring for the groups. The naming of the groups and differential ring is applied to the groups but extension 123 is already on the telephone.

A new caller rings into the Accounts Receivable group and the person sees the light on their telephone light up. They immediately put their current call on hold and answer the caller by pressing the key for the group.

This is the scenario I would like to have filled .. the other would be to have a light for the group light up when a voice mail appears for that extension as apposed to a voice mail message entering the extensions mailbox.

Regards

Kevin

Truly saying, I didn't understand your question, as well as configuration Ext 123 is your Receptionist phone, I guess. What are the "Accounts Payable" and"Accounts Receivable" ? Are they Virtual Extensions with MER enabled ? If the ext.123 is included into that groups, then italso will receive the calls coming to that accounts, so the person speakingcan see the call by Call Waiting (both by audio and BLF)and pick-up it. Edited by: aramk

Ahhh ok...

Sorry if I have confused you but .... I will try once more...

I need to be able to monitor MERG's like I can monitor the Auto Attendants and Extensions, under SNOM ( extension key ) and AASTRA ( BLF key ) telephones....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The problem with MERGS ... If a call is already answered there is a problem when a 2nd call is presented to the telephone and that telephone needs to be able to transfer the call, they need a second line appearance to be able to park or transfer the call... this will release their telephones resources to be able to receive another call....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A solution for this would be to have an analogue extension (configured as a Bell ideally) in the MERG. that is the only extension and be able to map that MERG to a key.. do this for several MERGs and you then have a solution to easily identify what the call is about without your telephone ringing or needing to ring. You can then use Pickup to get the call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does that make any sense ?

Regards

Kevin

Edited by: KSComs

Well I'm not sure this is a total solution, but in regards to aspect of knowing which hat to put on (whether they should answer as accounts payable or accounts receivable) - you could use the Distinctive Ring option on the extension handling the MERG.
    You can use the nickname option under the Distinctive Ring page to put an indentifier label on the screen of the phone when a call comes through a particular MERG.

Yep threebit thats one I already use ... but the advantage of being able to monitor a MERG means you can do a lot more....

Regards

Kevin

PerhapsI'lladd a feature request for this

Thank you... it would be a good feature to be able to have... likewise with having a voice mail light for a virtual extension like a merg would be pushing it i know... but it would be inline with the Korean production of the Samsung which I have enjoyed over the years...

Being able to use monitoring of virtual extensions in a multi layered queue was something that wasn't achievable in other systems other than the Samsung in its price bracket.

Now on another note ....

If the following also can be done... an easy way of being able to emulate a queuing system that allowed you to have a ring all extensions / UCD or ACD Hunt whilst delivering a greeting and repeat messages at intervals, giving the caller a break out code to the voice mail box of the virtual extension that they are in before over flowing to a general extension/virtual extension/voice mail/destination but I think I might be pushing it..... although the other key/pabx systems have this feature set as a standard. Sure you have to purchase dedicated cards and you have to purchase VoIP hardware to achieve the same... but it is achievable....

Regards

Kevin

Iam again confused with your requirement Can you bring an example of this ?

Let me know how you go with the flow chart... The way it comprises usually is the basics that I perform for companies ..
    It is normally more complex than that but if it can be achieved easily in programming without 3PCC then all and good if not... then I think I will bump the system pricing up and include 3pcc in it to manage the AA's

Regards

Kevin

Thread Information