Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nokia N95 as Quadro Extn

Banned

Hi
    I was wondering if it is possible to use the Nokia N95 sip account to log onto, thru a local wireless access point, a 2x Quadro as an extension?
    Thanks for your help.

Yes, it's possible. You can register you N95 as a LAN IP-Phone or Remote Extension of Quadro.

On your Nokia, put the following settings:

Profile Name: Epygi
    Service profile: IETF
    Public User Name: QuadroSIPUserName@QuadroLanOrWanIP (this depends whether ext is local or remote)
    Compresion: No
    Use Security: No
    Registrar Server: QuadroLanOrWanIP
    Realm: QuadroHostName.QuadroDomainName
    User Name: QuadroSIPUserName
    Password: SipUserPassword (should not be empty)
    Transport Type: UDP
    Port: QuadroSipPort (5060 by default)

About configuration on Quadro readManuals and Online Help.

I have tried you setting with my Quadro 16. But, the registration still failed. You only mention the setting of the "Registrar Server" setting, do I need to configure the "Proxy Server"?

You can put the same settings under "Proxy Server", but you can leave it blank as well. Have you configured the Quadro correctly ? Please check the username/password first on both Quadro and phone settings.

Dogcom, have you succeddedwith using this configuration ?

Banned

Hi Aramk
    Sorry for my late reply.
    No this did not work as an extension. I took a dump from netcapture and can see the N95 inquiry and the 2x reply. I then get no answer from the N95 to the 2x's ping. The quadro then gives a port unreachable reply and then gives a" status: 420 bad extension reply" and the N95 reports registration failed.
    I am going to try another wireless access point over the weekend and see how that goes.
    I will keep you posted as to my progress.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Hi there mike,

Try DMZing the N95, in the past I have found D-Link wireless routers seem to be less than desirable when you want something to wirelessly be registered to a Sip Server such as the Epygi...

I have used my PDA and a DI624+ it was a very finicky set up....

I used NCH Swift's Voip Soft Phone for my PDA - Express Talk it worked ok but due to problems with the Wireless Router and my PDA it didnt run all that well....

http://www.nch.com.au/talk/index.html

I am not condoning their software... nor do I have a vested interest in it...

It was just some software I tried that didnt work all that well with my PDA telephone...

Regards

Kevin

Banned

Hi Kevin
    I'll give you my setup. I have a netgear dg834g set up as a passthru or bridge to a quadro 2x. The quadro does all logging on and the wireless is deactivated on the netgear. The netgear only feeds the quadro and there is nothing else connected to the netgear. The quadro then feeds from its lan into a CetrecomFH716SW 16 port hub (old and stupid as I like them lol). The dhcp is assigned by the quadro to 4 x computers (networked with 1 as an extn off the quadro), 4 x ip phones (aastra 480i, aastra 9133i, snom 320, snom 300), 1 x fax (fsx port), and 1 x old intellinet IEW1100 11meg wirless access point.
    At the moment I cannot talk to the intellinet (the packaged sotfware is damaged and i cant reload the old program), but internet access thru the N95 on the wireless lan is possible. I'll trial a netgear dg834 modem this weekend (set up as passthru again), and replace the intellinet with the netgear dg834g and active the wireless thru that.
    I'll let you know as it unfurls around me lol.
    Cheers
    Mike

Dogcom, please check the "Realm" field's value. It seems that it isn't configured correctly.

Banned

Hi Aramk
    I have tried the following;
    172.20.0.1 (quadro ip)
    dogsquadro (my system name)
    epygi-config.com
    I really suspect my wireless at the moment. I'll change it and keep you posted.
    Regards
    Mike

Ok, I'll wait for results

Thread Information