Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conference Calls

I'm not sure all the firmware options you see in the recent Linksys devices really work When you see some "how it works" examples you can count on it working, but if there's not even an example, that's perhaps something they are considering for the future (wait for an SPA500 conference bridge

I'm sure that the early firmwares for the SPA9xx series was very similar to the SPA841, but the 841 is EOL and with all the new options, there's a lot of things you cannot configure on the 9xx phones. However, if you're not worried about reconfiguring a phone, you could as well give it a shot.. the xml configuration files do look pretty much the same.. but the config files for the new phones just have a whole lot of additional information. Seeing on how the phones get autoconfigured on an SPA9000, I think that if a parameter is left out from the config file, the preconfigured value on the phone will remain the same as before.

If you can give me your email address, I could send over my SPA922 config so you can compare it with yours - it might be different since all my SPA phones were autoconfigured from the SPA9000 until I shut this off last week (the phones would have the line that connects to the SPA9000 re-enabled at every boot, and boot whenever the SPA9000 booted.. and I really don't need that anymore now that I've moved all the phones to my Quadro).

Quote Originally Posted by ssteiner
    I'm not sure all the firmware options you see in the recent Linksys devices really work

Stephan, andafter all this you stillwant us to support the Linksys phones ? )

Well.. they are rather cheap so if a customer needs cheap IP phones, the Linksys ones are a good choice. And I suppose with the SPA932 add-on module, you could even turn the SPA962 into a useful attendant phone (those buttons can serve as speedials and BLF.. that's not quite all the options you have on a Snom or Aastra, but it's a start). I'd take the SPA942 over a Snom 300 every day - it's much more user friendly and easier to operate.

And of course, you always have me tracing and checking against the RFC to see if feature X not working may not be the phone's fault

Hi all, just checked tried to do a conference call with an outside line, a Grandstream BT200 and a Grandstream GPX2000, and guess what? it doesn't work either, the original call is dropped. So, whatever configuration snafu I have, is on the Quadro, not on the phones.

Just to make sure the phones were not the issue, I used auto-provisioning.

aramk, I realize of course that you can't comment on the SPA 922, I was just wondering if the Quadro provided the functionality of a conference bridge and what parameters would be needed to activate it.

In any case it seems to point to the Quadro now since tested phones don't work either.

ssteiner, since I suspect we won't be getting rid of the SPA 922s anytime soon I would love to have a better configuration for them, I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks a lot guys

There is no additional configuration on the Quadro to "activate" the Conference feature, if the phones are configured via Autoprovisioning. More, in case of using IP-Phones, the mixer is the phone, initiating Conference. Here is the documented steps for initiating Conference on BT200 and GXP2000. These are tested and work OK in our lab, also at costomers side.

CONFERENCE ->
    dial the number -> SEND or # -> call establishment -> CONFERENCE

LINE
    x -> Dial -> call establishment -> CONF

You can find more details about using another Quadro features on Grandstream phones from the document "Quadro Features on Epygi's Tested IP Phones list", that can be found in our WEB, under "Support Login -> Downloads" section.Edited by: aramk

Here is one suspection. If you use some IP-PSTN provider and trying to involve that call into the Conference, then maybe the call is dropped from providers side. Try to make the conference between internal phones, connected to Quadro and inform as about results.

Have you seen this happening (outside line dropping)? I've never had any problems with calls coming in.. but calls going out is another matter entirely.. there are providers that respond with OK to a REFER, but then drop the call, or drop the voice channel.
    And if you have two internal users, I'd think the outside line would not be concerned as the bridging is done on the Epigy and not at the provider's.

Hi all:

Just tried that, since I only have two grandstreams I did the following tests:

SPA922 Calling the BT200 and then attempts establishing a conference with the GXP2000, result: the BT200 remains listening to the 'hold' music provided by the phone and the conference never starts

SPA922 Calling the GXP2000 and then attempts establishing a conference with
    the BT200, result: the GXP2000 remains listening to the 'hold' music
    provided by the phone and the conference never starts

SPA922 Calling the BT200 and then the BT200 attempts establishing a conference
    with the GXP2000, result: call dropped on the SPA922

SPA922 Calling the GXP2000 and then the GXP2000 attempts establishing a conference
    with the BT200, result: call dropped on the SPA922, the GXP2000 lists the original call as "missed"

BT200 calling the SPA922 and then attempts establishing a conference with the GXP2000, result: call dropped on the SPA922

BT200 calling the GXP2000 and then attempts establishing a conference with the SPA922 , result: call dropped on the GXP2000, the GXP2000 does NOT list the original call as "missed"

BT200 calling the SPA922 and then the SPA922 attempts establishing a
    conference with the GPX2000, result: the BT200 remains listening to the 'hold' music

BT200 calling the GXP2000 and then the GXP2000 attempts establishing a conference with the SPA922, result: Call dropped on the BT200

GPX2000 calling the SPA922 and then attempts establishing a conference with the BT200, result: call dropped on the SPA922

GPX2000 calling the BT200 and then attempts establishing a conference with the SPA922, result: call dropped on the BT200

GPX2000 calling the SPA922 and then the SPA922 attempts establishing a conference with the BT200, result: the GXP2000 remains listening to the 'hold' music

GPX2000 calling the BT200 and then the BT200 attempts establishing a conference with the SPA922, result: call dropped on the GXP2000

Edited by: arquimedesl

I also tried with three SPA922s the results were the same on all tests, the phone which was on hold while the conference was being setup, remained listening to the internal music and the conference never started

I also tried with three SPA922s the results were the same on all tests, the phone which was on hold while the conference was being setup, remained listening to the internal music and the conference never started

It's worthwhile to mention that I am using the codec G.729 on EVERYTHING since my outside bandwidth is limited (512K Link with a 128K CIR), and that I am using the SPA922 "built-in" hold music.

Thread Information