Thread: DDI’s from other countries?

Potentially I am looking at getting DDI's in a couple of other countries.

Primarily the US and also Australia... do you think it is best to find a SIP Trunk provider local to that country and rely on routing through the ISP t them, or is it better to find a provider in the UK (where I am) and then they will (presumably) have preferential optimised routing to drop off points in those countries?

Ideas on a postcard - also, which, if any, would you recommend?

Hi, from Quadro perspective it doesn't matter from what provider you'll take DDIs, but there might be some different pricing from the providers' side. You just need to configure correct routing rule on Quadro.

If you'll go to Quadro "Telephony -> VoIP Carrier Wizard" page, then there is a drop-down list ofproviders that aretested and reccomended by Epygi. I would like to recommend you the AGN's service.

Here's one argument for using local proxies: the further away your proxy, the more likely you will experience quality problems. Keep in mind, there's no QoS on the Internet, so if the proxy is far away (as in the case with a proxy in Australia when you're in the UK or the other way round), you will have large delays, more jitter and more packet loss than if the proxy is close by. I'd say the closer you are to your ISPs network, the less likely are you going to experience any quality degradation.

If you need DDIs in different countries, ideally you find a provider that is active around the world and has its own backbone to route call overs.. those are more likely to be optimized and not clogged with P2P and youtube traffic.. so even though you still have a noticeable delay, jitter and packet loss problems might be less apparent.

Of course ssteineris right.He just explained some basics of ISP/VoIP. The matter is that a lot of providers do not follow the RFCs and dedicated to local market.We are testing them for following the standards andcompatibility with Quadro and the AGN is the best currently. We have no complains from the customers using that service on all over the world, also we use their accounts in our company. Before the recommended one was well-known Vonage, but it seems that they do not sell separate accounts already, that can be putted on Quadro and be registered with them,and forcingcustomers to buy their own adapters with preconfigured accounts. Edited by: aramk

I've just looked at the AGN page.

They appear to have a nice service package.

But:
    > No EpygiFLASH pages
    > no Epygi configuration examples

and they appear to require a fairly large
    minimum monthly commitment on a
    'use or lose' basis. True? Dave

Cannot say anything about "fairly large minimum monthly commitment on a 'use or lose' basis" Maybe Andy White is aware of this, i'll ask him to comment here.

To configure AGN account on Quadro you just need to pass through VoIP wizard and put the account parameters given by AGN, nothing more. I think this isn'tso complicated andno need tohave an example describing the procedure. Edited by: aramk

Default DID Number for saskatoon

voicemeup offer now did for saskatoon.

Thread Information