Thread: Faxing thru Epygi

Default Faxing thru Epygi

Sorry for what may be a very basic question, but I can't find info anywhere. How do I setup inbound and outbound faxing thru a Cannon Imagerunner 2545 (or any MFP). Scenario: I can port fax number to SIP provider or I have available FXO ports. Ideally I would like a fax to come in thru SIP and print (sorry HATE that customer wants to print) on MFP which has a static IP. Additionally would like to have the ability where user goes to MFP and sends fax from machine that goes thru network cable and out the (in this case) QX200. Suggestions greatly appreciated!

Unless your fax machine (MFP) can register a SIP trunk, it will not be able to send/receive faxes via VoIP directly.

One way I know of accomplishing what you want via SIP is:
    1) Create an extension on your IP PBX and assign it to one of the available FXS ports (one must be available obviously),
    2) For the SIP user name, enter the fax machine telephone number leaving all other fields on SIP settings empty (the extension is not going to actually register),
    3) Create a call route in your call routing table that when it is presented with the inbound call, it discards all digits, and routes to the extension # of the fax (MFP):
    a) Source type=SIP, Number discard symbols=10, prefix=extension_number, destination type=PBX
    4) Create a call route in your call routing table that when it is presented with the outbound call, it dials out:
    a) Source type=PBX, filter on source=extension_number, destination type=IP-PSTN,
    5) Connect your fax (MFP) line port to the proper FXS port of your IP PBX using a standard telephony cable.

Step #2 above allows the IP PBX to route inbound faxes without having to define an inbound route in the call routing table, should you want.

To accomplish what you want via FXO is:
    1) Connect a standard telephony cable from your PSTN to one of the FXO ports on your IP PBX (one must be available obviously),
    2) Create an extension on your IP PBX and assign it to one of the available FXS ports (one must be available obviously),
    3) Create a call route in your call routing table that when it is presented with the inbound call, it discards all digits, and routes to the extension # of the fax (MFP):
    a) Source type=FXO, Number discard symbols=10, prefix=extension_number, destination type=PBX, port id=fxo_port_number_connected_to_PSTN,
    4) Create a call route in your call routing table that when it is presented with the outbound call, it dials out:
    a) Source type=PBX, filter on source=extension_number, destination type=FXO,port ID=fxo_port_number_connected_to_PSTN,
    5) Connect your fax (MFP) line port to the proper FXS port of your IP PBX using a standard telephony cable.

Thread Information