Thread: Quadro E1 integration with AXN-1

Hi,
    We have a quadro 16x pbx at our premises. We want to acquire an E1 line from our CO. Our CO tells us in order to give us the line, we have to acquire an AXN 1 pseudo-wire access device. (You can view the data sheet at http://www.axerra.com/axn1_datasheet.pdf).
    We need advice on how we will integrate this device with the quadro pbx and the quadro e1 gateway.

Regards
    Phillip

Edited by: afripayments

Hi, if you want to use E1 with Quadro16x, then you definitely need that AXN 1 pseudo-wire access device. The E1 line coming from provider side must be connected to the E1 port of AXN1 and the Quadro16x's WAN port - to Ethernet port of AXN1.

To use E1 with our QuadroE1Gateway no need for additional equipements - just plug the E1 cable to Quadro. The rest is a matter of configuration.

Another hint. If you have andwant to useQuadro16x and QuadroGW with E1 line, then you don't need AXN1 at all. E1 line from provider must be connected to QuadroGW and then Quadro16x must be configured to use QuadroGW as a gateway. We have some documents in our "Support ->Downloads" section describind how to do that, pleas read them first. Anyway, we need to know exactly how you want to use that devices in order to suggest you something.

[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]Thanks for the response. We have a 16X, 3 6fxos , 20 snom 300 IP phones and 1 snom 360 IP phone.
    The 16X is connected to the 6fxos to the pstn. We have a DID and several toll free numbers from the US which are answered at our call center

We are acquiring an E1 Line from our CO and they are insists we have to have an AXn1 for it to work(I think because of CESOIP). From your previous communication, you said we just need to connect the rj45 connection from the axn1 to out wan port of the 16X. I have a few questions concerning this setup.
    1. Will the axn1 sent SIP(VOIP) traffic to the 16X?
    2. To receive and make calls through the E1, all we will need to configure is to route call appropriately. Am I right?
    3. Are there any known issues with integrating AXN1 devices and the quadro 16X
    4. We have a DID and several Toll free numbers from the US that are routed through the wan port of the 16X. If we connect the axn1 directly to the wan port of the 16x, how will we receive calls from the DID and toll free numbers. Is it posible to connect the axn1 to a router and then route the traffic from the AXN to the WAN port of the 16X?
    Thanks for the response.[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
    [img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/mutuku.LUCY.001/My%20Documents/clients/Afripayments/new%20setup.jpg[/img]

Edited by: afripayments

Hi, the questions are not related to Quadro setup directly, but rather to AXN setup, so it will be correct to discuss these questions with your CO provider, who is offering this device to you. Anyway, I will try to answer them as much as I can.

1. Will the axn1 sent SIP(VOIP) traffic to the 16X?

Yes, if it is placed correctly in your Network. I can see in the pdf file, that the device has another Ethernet port and it has bridging/forwarding and pass-through modes between LAN and Network interfaces.

2. To receive and make calls through the E1, all we will need to configure is to route call appropriately. Am I right?

Correct. Note, that in case if you're using AXN, you'll have not pure E1, but ethernet connected to your Quadro. Anyway, the call routing must be configured properly, according to your needs.

3. Are there any known issues with integrating AXN1 devices and the quadro 16X

The device is new for us and it is not tested with Quadro in our testlab, hence we cannot say anything about the device itself and aboutitsinteroperability or known issueswith Quadro. Maybe someone in our forum has such experience ?To configure E1 with Quadro we still insist to use our QuadroGW product along with Quadro16x. The configuration is very easy, there is a lot documents about how to configure it and there are a lot customers that are using E1 in that way.

4. We have a DID and several Toll free numbers from the US that are routed through the wan port of the 16X. If we connect the axn1 directly to the wan port of the 16x, how will we receive calls from the DID and toll free numbers. Is it posible to connect the axn1 to a router and then route the traffic from the AXN to the WAN port of the 16X?

I suspest that you are talking about some ITSP (VoIP) service. See me comment on point1regarding your network organization. I think it ispossible touse router for this configuration as well.

Thread Information