Thread: GrandStream HT503

Default GrandStream HT503

Hi guys, do you guys know if I can use an HT503 to add an fxo line to my existing quadro? I just need to add another FXO line and I'm out of ports! The ht503 from grandstream has an fxo port... but I think it works only like an ata...

any ideas?

Dear Citech,

Grandstream HT503 is not supported with Quadro PBX. Grandstream HT503 is based on SIP standard and inter operable with most 3rd party SIP compliant devices and software, so you could connect it with Quadro with the help of SIP. Please configure the following routing rule(just an example) on Quadro:

Destination number pattern: 555*
    Number of discarded symbols: 3
    Destination type: SIP
    Destination Host: IP address of Grandstream HT503(for example 192.168.10.10)
    Destination Port : SIP Port of Grandstream HT503(for example 5060)

Save the routing rule.

This would help you to connect and send calls to HT503, then you need to configure HT503 to send incoming calls from Quadro to your FXO line as well as configure it to send incoming calls from FXO line to your Quadro.

Regards,

LevonD

Quote Originally Posted by LevonD View Post
    Dear Citech,

Grandstream HT503 is not supported with Quadro PBX. Grandstream HT503 is based on SIP standard and inter operable with most 3rd party SIP compliant devices and software, so you could connect it with Quadro with the help of SIP. Please configure the following routing rule(just an example) on Quadro:

Save the routing rule.

This would help you to connect and send calls to HT503, then you need to configure HT503 to send incoming calls from Quadro to your FXO line as well as configure it to send incoming calls from FXO line to your Quadro.

Regards,

LevonD

Thanks LevonD, i will try it!

Just an Update on this...

@LevonD, this worked, the only trick was to add the Remote Party ID when defining the SIP trunk. After that you do need to tweak some settings on the HT503 but this effectively works as an option to add a single FXO trunk to your Quadro!! If you dont mind 2 step dialing you dont even need the SIP trunk! but having the SIP trunk as you mentioned enables you to do 1 stage dialing!

I have some clients that have small Quadros (2x2, 4L, even 2x), and they eventually end up adding FXO lines, and sometimes they dont have the budget to add a gateway that might work flawlessly but ends up costing nearly what the small quadro cost initially...

While it is not as streamlined as using a simple rule like "dial 9" and having the Quadro decide which line to use, it certainly becomes an option simply based on price!

If anybody needs to know what exactly I changed or configured on the HT503, i will gladly post the config here.

Thanks LevonD!

Dear Citech,

You are welcome. Thanks for your offer, if anyone wants the configuration details, I will let you know.

Thanks,
    LevonD

Quote Originally Posted by LevonD View Post
    Dear Citech,

Grandstream HT503 is not supported with Quadro PBX. Grandstream HT503 is based on SIP standard and inter operable with most 3rd party SIP psiphon compliant devices and software, so you could connect it with Quadro with the help of SIP. Please configure the following routing rule(just an example) on Quadro:

Save the routing rule.

Regards,

LevonD
    Thanks for this. This worked exactly as expected.

Thread Information