Thread: Remote PSTN connection to Quadro

I have a Quadro installed in Headquarters. I have a remote office that currently has a PSTN line and single analog phone. I want to redirect the remote PSTN line to the HQ Quadro.

I want to use a Sipura SPA3000 in the remote office, until I have the budget approval for another Quadro PBX.

I have the SPA-3000 Line1 (phone) working as a Remote Extension on the Quadra.

How do I configure the Quadro to accept the incoming PSTN from the SPA-3000. Is this another Remote Extension or a trunk line?

If I want to redirect outgoing calls through the remote PSTN, is that done through a trunk line?

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Brennja, that ismainly Sipura SPA3000 phone's configuration and not connectedwith Quadro directly.We can't say anything about phone's configuration, as no compability/interoperability tests were done with Sipura SPA3000 phoneinEpygi testlab and the phone is not in our supported or reccomended phones' lists. Maybe some members of our forum have an experience with Sipura SPA3000 and can answer to your question.

Quadro Architect

The SPA3000 should be configured the same way like any other 3-rd party PSTN gateway.

For example this way: Calls from the PSTN on the SPA3000 should be directed to Quadro's AA (to <AA sip username>@<QuadroIP>:<Quadro SIP port>). So callers from that PSTN laine will be connected to Quadros AA and can dial extension number. This configuration should be done on SPA3000.

For outgoing calls a new call routing record should be added on Quadro, for example "pattern:777*, NDS:3" with destination set to that <SPA3000 PSTN line username>@<SPA3000 IP address>:<sip port>.

Sorry if this a bit toobrief description, maybe not very understandable. Please fill free to ask if something is not clear. From the other hand I have no guarantee that all this will work specifically with SPA3000 (asI have no experience using that) and with your specific network setup (if you have NAT between Quadro and SPA3000, you may have problems, like one-way voice stream).

Hello Brennja,

I think I have done this before, You need 2 user name and passwords for the SPA 3000.

One is for the phone extension the other is for the PSTN.

Once the pstn is registred to the Quadro, you go to the SPA3000 web interfaceand divert the calls to AA or any extension of the Quadro.

Jose

Try that.

Hi Davrays,

May you give more detail about the Epygi configuration to receive incoming call from a SPA3XXX?Do you need to create 2 new IP-Lines with 2 new extentions on the Epygi?I tried during many hours to work on this configuration, but the Epygi does not seem to accept incoming calls from the SPA.The configuration is :imcoming call through the SPA FX0 -> SPA SIP Account -> extention 100 of the EPYGI (192.168.0.1)Dial plan on the SPA3XXX : (S0<:100@192.168.0.1>)

Please advice

The way I did it was like this:

Yes that’s the same way I have it.

Quadro Architect

Hi djagu,

you can configure it the way guys suggested above. This is an alternative configuration, and it will work too.

If however you would want to try the config, which I suggested, then see my comments below:

Quote Originally Posted by djagu
    Do you need to create 2 new IP-Lines with 2 new extentions on the Epygi?

With the approach I suggested you don't need to create any new IP Lines or configure additional extensions.
    Quote Originally Posted by djagu
    I tried during many hours to work on this configuration, but the Epygi does not seem to accept incoming calls from the SPA.The configuration is :imcoming call through the SPA FX0 -> SPA SIP Account -> extention 100 of the EPYGI (192.168.0.1)Dial plan on the SPA3XXX : (S0<:100@192.168.0.1>)

You need to make sure that the SIP username on your 100 extension on the Quadro is also "100". Otherwise Quadro may not accept call or may send it to another extension.

But to be sure that this is the case, I will need to see youyr SIP logs ("System Diagnostics"->"Show System Logs"->"SIP User Agent". Do you see the call arriving to Quadro from SPA3xxx? Is it rejected by Quadro, and is there a reason mentioned?Edited by: davrays

Many thanks to all of you !
    I finally achieve to get this working (with your 2 solutions).
    My "mistake" was to us the port "Ethernet" (the yellow one) instead of the "Internet" port (the blue one).
    The SPA3XXX accept to forward PSTN call to the server only through the "Internet" port.

Thread Information