Thread: BLF on Snom 360 Phones

Default BLF on Snom 360 Phones

We have been using Snom 360s and and Epygi 2xi for about 6 years, but the BLF function has never fully worked. Now we have an outworker over VPN it is particularly important.

So I had another go, setting the function keys to <sip:22@192.168.168.1:5060;user=phone> using the Snom interface, and it worked perfectly. (Actually I entered 22!** which was translated into that string automatically). So I set up every phone like that. They all worked perfectly - for a couple of days. The outworker brought her phone in to be configured.

Then they all gradually stopped working, one by one I think.

They all have function key extensions, but the additional function keys are invisible in the Epygi interface.

All Snoms and Epygi are using the latest firmware, I did try downgrading one of the phones.

Steve

I think I have finally bottomed this out.

We obtained a licence to go up to 16 extensions, and we have been gradually increasing the number. There is a setting on a hidden page xx.xx.xx.xx/generalconfig.cgi called 'Subscription limitation', and the default value is 75.

Probably you never come up against this limit with 8 extensions. Anyway I increased it to 120 and that solved the problem, then I reduced it to 100 and that seems to still be OK for the time being. Apparently it takes a lot of resources if you increase it too much.

If you have issues with Extensions/BLF not working and the Events log says 'Subscriptions limit exceeded:MW[7],BLF [68} total limit is: 75' - then this is your problem.

I take it you had 10 of the keys on the 8 phones programmed for BLF - 7 or 8 for the extensions and a couple for Park or something like that?

That would have placed the BLF Notification count to 80 which is over the 75 limitation.

One of those things that is subtle but makes things break if you dont address them.

K

Default Snom 360's & BLF

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    I take it you had 10 of the keys on the 8 phones programmed for BLF - 7 or 8 for the extensions and a couple for Park or something like that?

That would have placed the BLF Notification count to 80 which is over the 75 limitation.

One of those things that is subtle but makes things break if you dont address them.

K
    Yes that was pretty much it, and this kind of simple key/lamp operation working properly is vital for a small company with no receptionist.

I gave up in the end and and upgraded to 16xi, but I still had similar problems.

I found that the most reliable solution was to:

Set up the function keys to monitor extensions - then you can see their line is busy, pick up their calls, use the same key to call them or use it to forward a call to them - Ideal if you have 12 programmable buttons.

Downgrade the phones' firmware to 7.3.14,

Change the update policy to 'never update do not upload settings' in Advanced/Update

Make sure that 'Allow incoming calls redirection through programmable keys:' is checked in Advanced/Behaviour.

The last one was sometimes not checked after a Snom TFT firmware (down) upgrade.

All a bit like witchcraft to me, but it ain't broke now so I am not going to fix it!

Have I tried applying all this to the 2xi to see if it would have fixed the problem without an upgrade? - No

Steve

Thread Information