Thread: Phone Access Password reset

Default Phone Access Password reset

I would like to start using the *75 feature but this requires the admin phone access password.
    I do not ever remember setting this, but when I try to change it, I always get "Error: Old Password is incorrect"
    I have tried leaving the old password blank, but still I get the error.

Is there a factory default for this?

Given that I have admin GUI access, is there any way I can recover or reset the phone access password?
    Regards
    David

Dear David,

If you don't change it , it should be 19, or if you change it I guess you choose the same one that you use for admin GUI Access. Anyhow in order to make further changes you need to configure them from Systems-> User Rights Management check admin checkbox and press change password link. Then you will have two options GUI Access Password and Phone Access Password.

Regards,

LevonD

BUt that is exactly what I am trying to do.
    Firstly it cannot be the same password as for the GUI as the phone password is digits only.
    Secondly I need to know the old phone access password (which I don't) in order to change it to something new.
    It is not 19 and it is not blank and it is not any digit only password that I have ever used.

Is there any way around this?
    Regards
    David
    Last edited by davidreddington; 04-25-2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added additional info

Still awaiting an answer to this question
    David

Dear David,

Please backup your current configuration from System->Configuration Management->Backup & Download all config & voice data. Then Restore Default Configuration from System->Configuration Management. After this upload and restore your backup config. In this case you would have default password for both GUI and Phone access (admin -19). You could change the Phone access password from 19 to whatever you want.

Regards,

LevonD

Terrific! - Many thanks.
    David

Thread Information