Thread: Pre-determined extension from another PBX

I'm replacing an existing PBX that had 3 digit extensions. I need to replicate that, but seems Quadro's have a numbering scheme that I can't seem to change. (i.e. Main reception needs to be 200, another user 201, etc.)

What's the best strategy to go about doing that? Because if I plug a phone in, it auto-registers, and assigns an extension with the IP line.

If you're running a recent Quadro firmware (I think 4.x. or better) then you can change the extension length from 2 to 3 or 4 digits.

Normally, if you had a factory defaulted Quadro the extension length page would show up the first time you go to the Extension Management page, otherwise you can manually type in /changeextlength.cgi to get access to this page.

This will automatically renumber your extensions to 3 digit extensions.

Quadro Architect

Quadro's extension numbering is not difficult to change - after switching to 3-digit extensions as suggested by threebit, just add/remove extensions to get the numbers you need. You can even add extensions starting from 9 and 0, though those prefices are forbidden in changeextlength.cgi.

Probably Davrays talking about Quadro future releases. Currently it is possible to add extensions only with prefix 9, but not with 0.

Thread Information