Thread: Polycom Soft Key Configuration

Default Polycom Soft Key Configuration

I have a potential QM 1000 customer that has Polycom 335 and 320 phones. I need to configure the soft keys to remove and maybe add useful keys. They do not want or need record or barge in feature keys and do no want them listed. I tried editing them in the Polycom soft key utility and downloading and uploading cfg files. The Quadro seems to override it. I really could use a work around or a way to edit them.
    Thanks,
    Derrel

HI

Try configure The Polycom 335, 320 phones IP Lines in "Telephony->line settings" by choosing -Phone Model: "Other" ,by the way QX 1000 supports only Polycom 335 ,so for Polycom 320 you can only use Phone Model -"Other" .Turn OFF "PnP for IP lines" ,reset Phones to factory defaults and upload cfg files.
    Last edited by khachatur; 01-15-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khachatur View Post
    HI

Try configure The Polycom 335, 320 phones IP Lines in "Telephony->line settings" by choosing -Phone Model: "Other" ,by the way QX 1000 supports only Polycom 335 ,so for Polycom 320 you can only use Phone Model -"Other" .Turn OFF "PnP for IP lines" ,reset Phones to factory defaults and upload cfg files.
    I tried that option and defaulted the 335. I manually configured it to register to the system. The result was very limited functionality, no WEB configuration option, and required the entire phone to be manually configure all phone options. This would fine for a few phones but there will be over one hundred 335's. Surely there is a simpler realistic way to edit the soft keys. If not there needs to be for all EFK enabled phone types.

Derrel

Thread Information