Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Siemens Gigaset S450IP and C450IP Phones

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has got the new Siemens Gigaset S450 IP or C450 IP phones (these are the VOIP not the pure analogue versions) working on an Epygi. I cannot register the phone with the Epygi and get either "Registration failed" or "Server not accessible" errors on the phone.

The account on the Epygi is valid as I have tested successfully with other VOIP phones including the new Siemens Gigaset SL75 wifi (this has a similar but not identical SIP setup screen). The phone and Epygi firmware are the latest.

The Siemens Gigaset S450IP and C450IP phones are attractive as they are quality DECT handsets/bases with both SIPVOIP and analogue connections.

Many thanks, Lindsay

It's always the case... try for a couple of days to get something working, then post a message, then trip over the answer a few minutes later!.

The phone registers fine -

- If the Authentication Name is used in addition to the username and password... the other models didn't need the Authentication name filled in.

- Don't trust the Siemens Telephony/Connections/Status screen... it can say that there is a registrationfailure when the device has in fact registered Ok. This may be an issue with the screen finishing refreshing before the registration is completed.

couplands hi!

lol! i was posting the same thing...and you give me the answer...

it work's fine now!!!

best regards!

Indeed you get a refresh LONG before it has had a chance to connect. Press f5 in your browser to refresh.

I do have issues with mine sometimes if I do a power cycle - I am set up as a remote extension (as I am 100miles away from the main office) and after a power cycle it fails to register. Though if someone at a different location registers their phone as me, then I register again, it seems to come back - I think there is some VERY strange routing issue there.

One question for you though - which I have not been able to resolve.

Can you get the R key to work RELIABLY to stick a call on Hold and transfer it? Or is it possible to tell the Epygi to use the * key or something else instead?

Seems to be OK if you use it as analogue, but not as VoIP.[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Thanks

Quadro Architect

Well, I am not familiar with those phones, but would like to make one general statement: on SIP phones there is no need to user "R" key: normal SIP phone has special keys to make hold and transfer. Moreover, as far as I know Quadro will not recognise the OOB DTMF 16, if phone sends that. Resume: forget about "R" key on SIP phones.

Well the bad news is that even on the latest version of firmware (020810000000/041.00) the Siemens phone does NOT HAVE a special key for Hold / Transfer

The soft keys go to Ext (which will allow you to make an external call if you have another VoIP port available) and options - none of which are helpful...

Holding down other keys does not appear to assist either.

Ideas on a postcard? These are great phones, but not getting too far with them...

FYI - the 'r' key works 'sometimes' when you use the phone as an analogue extension.

Quadro Architect

Well, theoretically the"R" should work 'always' when the phone is used as analogue phone. If there are problems, it could be because of too long or too short "flash" timeout configured on phone. Quadro accepts by default the flash timeouts from 100 to 800 msec. If phone flash timeout is bigger (or equal to 800 msec), it can be adjusted either from the phone, or from Quadro's "linesconfig.cgi" webpage.

Concerning using this phone as SIP phone... Any SIP phone should be able to send re-INVITE (for hold) requests and REFER (for transfer)request. If this phone doesn't have special keys for hold or transfer, anyway it has to have some way to force it to send the mentioned SIP requests. Probably there is some tricky way described in documentation of the phone...

Regards,

DVREdited by: davrays

OK - spoke with Siemens and IT DOES NOT do re-INVITE or REFER.. the ONLY 'sort of' hold you can get is to hit the button that says INT (as if you were going to transfer to another handset on the same base) which will put them on hold, but not so that you can transfer them off anywhere.

They said they will request it, but also suggest anyone who wants it requests it also by going to http://gigaset.siemens.com/ clicking on contact in the top right and filling in the form - my suggestion would be to put it under the options soft key (right hand one) whilst in a VoIP call.

[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] not very happy with the functionality of the phone - it is NOT true VoIP - also just checked out the price of the door bell unit (HC400 - it is about £400 on Ebay Germany!) [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

So davrays were quite right in his first comment, describing "normal IP Phones" and stating "forget about "R" key on SIP phones." Conclusion: Not everything that shines is gold.

Hi everyone.

I'm studing the same problem for the last 4 months. I have 27 S450IP and 10 SL37h in some of my costumers. This means that I have a real problem to solve ASAP.[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]

Here some good news [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img](I haven't tested yet!!! But nextThursday I have the results)

From Siemens Website:
    Gigaset S450 IP (version 02081)

Download version: 02081

Firmware Update 09/2007 Version 02081

New Features:

VoIP Wideband function added (DTMF Outband signalization only). This feature can be used with S67H and SL37H handsets only.
    Line selection via account index added (#0 - #9).
    Dialing Plan added.
    VoIP Call Transfer function added. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img](Depends on the provider).
    Call rejection via Onhook-Key added.
    IP address exchange via paging call.
    SNTP protocol support added (automatic Time/Date adjustment).
    E-Mail username length is enlarged up to 50 characters (configurable via Web Configurator).
    VoIP Accounts can be stored without user name.
    Info service functionality added e.g. Weather forecast as Screensaver. This feature can be used with C47H, S67H and SL37H handsets only.
    Call Waiting Rejection function added.
    If you try an outgoing call for the first time with a wrongly configured VoIP or Gigaset.net account, you are being asked if you want to start the installation assistant.[/list]

Improvements:

Message presentation improved.
    Phone menu adjusted.
    G729 Codec support improved.[/list]

Now it's only missing the information "How to transfer or holda SIP call"[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img].

Well, lets see what I can do and next week I post here the ("GOOD" I hope) results.

Best Regards

Thread Information