Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Siemens Gigaset S450IP and C450IP Phones

That's a good news, Edgar, because many our customers are using that phones and usually they think that the problem comes from Quadro, but not from phones itself. We had really hard time withsuch requests, explaining them the root of problem,so if you aware that some people are using that phones with Quadro, please informthem about the phones' specifications. For now let's wait and hope that the"VoIP Call Transfer function", as it is announced,will be implemented according to standards.

Here is a quick screen shot of the new options, but I don't think this really helps - as said before - I have been told the best thing is to get as many people to put in a request through their website as possible...

I do not know if any of you are aware of Gradwell as a trunk provider, but they also run a per extension service - they have a special setting for those poor souls who run Siemens devices at the moment!

The nice tech guy (Tom) also told me just now that he believes Siemens are working on proper SIP transfer and Hold commands - no idea how long though!

You are quite right, this new option will not work, because as davrays wrote before, this is based on sending OoB DTMF 16, which is not recognised by Quadro. This is not a true IP (SIP) Hold/Transfer way.

I was hoping the 'call transfer' bit at the bottom may help...

Here is another issue for you with these otherwise good phones.

Have you tried the S450with a headset?
    When you plug in the headset it does NOT disable the phone mic, so the phone still picks up the background noise! (Which if you have the handset on your desk and are typing can be quite loud!)

I have logged this with Siemens and apparently it is a known issue - not sure if or when they will fix it though!

Wonder if it is worth getting a different make of DECT phone to use with the base... any ideas which others they support?

I've brought a Siemens 470IP which is almost the same phone (model number change depending on country) and I've the same problem : I can not make call transfer.

I've seen two options in phone configuration interface but I don't know which value I should write to make it work.

If someone has a suggestion ...

Options and current value :

Hook Flash (R-key)
    Application Type: dtmf-relay
    Application Signal: 16

Quadro Architect

Hmm... does this phone work with any PBX?.. I mean if its method of transfer is not based on REFER or any other SIP message, I doubt it could work. It is really strange why people are implementing phone such way, that is doesn't work correctly with any 3-rd party IPPBX...

See this this thread:
    http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbo...siemens-470-ip.
    Looks the transfer doesn't work with Trixbox too.

The only way to make the transfer on that phone to work, is to see how it can send SIP REFER message. As I told above: forget about "R" button on SIP phone. That is ridiculous, I don't see how and why any SIP phone could use that...
    May it be that this phone allows to configure some codes starting with "R" to send normal SIP REFER messages to PBX?

There was a firmware update today for my C470IP :
    In the release note ( http://gigaset.com/repository/1693/1...eng_V02184.txt ), it is mentioned "VoIP: Call transfer via R key".

This is good news but after updating my phone, the R key still doesn't work with IP call. But, I've found that I can do transfer call using "Ext.call" function which is displayed during a call and then using "Options/Call transfer". Don't know if this feature was added by this firmware update or if it was already available before.

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Hmm... does this phone work with any PBX?.. I mean if its method of transfer is not based on REFER or any other SIP message, I doubt it could work. It is really strange why people are implementing phone such way, that is doesn't work correctly with any 3-rd party IPPBX...

See this this thread:
    http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbo...siemens-470-ip.
    Looks the transfer doesn't work with Trixbox too.

The only way to make the transfer on that phone to work, is to see how it can send SIP REFER message. As I told above: forget about "R" button on SIP phone. That is ridiculous, I don't see how and why any SIP phone could use that...
    May it be that this phone allows to configure some codes starting with "R" to send normal SIP REFER messages to PBX?

Actually david maybe it has a standard PSTN connection and if you had some form of call waiting activated on your PSTN line or if you had the phone connected to a tdm pbx extension then the (R) key would be used as a recall facility or a key for sending a flash ( timed loop break - usually around 100milliseconds or 600 depending on which side of the sea you are from )... sometimes it is used as transfer....

Regards

Kev

By the way ... under Asterisk, it is still possible to use this phone to transfer an incoming call ... without the use of a transfer key ... it is by use of a feature code enabled under feature.conf called blind transfer by use of the # key.

Sending this will inadvertantly set up a transfer from the handset ... now I dont know if we can accomodate a hack like this in perhaps a feature page to be provided by Epygi in the future or not...

Personally, I would like to see other more important things than getting budget cordless telephones to work ( my opinion - but heck im use to Kirk Dect ) such as Park groups for groups of extensions.... ie 3 extensions able to use park 1 to 2, 5 extns being able to use park 3 - 8 etc....

Mr Hrant please make it so !!! I been good....

Kev

Quadro Architect

Well, as soon as this "Ext.call"->"Options/Call transfer" function exists, I think it doesn't really worth thinking about special support for intruducing a different special code for such phone...
    What about the rest, I'll remind Hrant about your "more important thing", Kevin

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information