Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call forwarding question

Default Call forwarding question

Hi all a client ask me if the following was possible on the quadro 4x
    ----------

One of the users at the company has set up a call forward to her cell phone. The call forwarding is working fine, but during the forwarding the line is quiet. It can take upto 20 seconds for the forwarding to be completed. To the caller it may seem that nothing is happening. Is there a way to either have some sort of ringing tone activated or maybe a repeating voice message that says 'Your call is being forwarded'?

-------

How can I make add a voice or ringing when fowarding?

Thank you in advance

Krs,

Zet

What type of forwarding is set for that client(unconditional, busy, no answer or unregistered)? If, example, it is no answer forwarding and the No answer timeout is set to 20sec then such behavior is correct.

Hi Ashot,

It is set on no answer forwarding.
    Can this changed in a way that the caller knows that the call is being forwarded?

Krs,

Zet

Hi, Zet

We have created the same scenario in our lab and during call forwarding to cell phone, the caller got ring back tones. Please implement the same scenario and mark log files. If you send us log files, we would try to find out why you don't get ring back tones during forwarding. I would like to mention that in our products during forwarding the caller doesn't get voice warning(about call forwarding), but ring tones.

LevonD

Hi Levon,

Sorry for the late reply, I just came back today.
    I will be heading to the client this friday and make a test.

They did ask me this question

An employee (with a normal extension) is out of the office for a couple of days and wants all calls forwarded to his/her mobile phone. Using the *4 feature code you can activate the Unconditional forward. This works, but the same problem exists: no ringback tones while the call is being forwarded. This silence can sometimes last for 20-30 seconds, especially if the employee is not in the country and the call is forwarded to their mobile phone abroad. Is there a different feature code to activate 'No Answer'-forwarding?
    -----------------

I will need to check if this has the ring tone when forwarding

Hi Zet,

There is no other feature code to activate Unconditional forwarding. You could configure unconditional forwarding from Extension settings/ Supplementary Services Caller ID Based services. Try this.

HI Levon,

I made a few test at the client this is what I got.
    the have a welcome message that says if you know the ext tion please dial it or press 0 for operator

Scenario 1: When a the receptionist receives an incoming call, she transfer the caller to the destination ext.
    The destination ext has call forwarding activated to a cellphone, the incoming caller hears the music on hold (which is good), and once the cell phone rings and is answered, they can talk.
    This good.

Scenario2: When a person calls, they hear the welcome msg and if they know the extension please dial it now.
    They dial ext 14, and the call goes quiet for 20 sec until the person who is receiving the call answers.
    There is no music or anything during that time.

I will make a log capture of this issue

Krs

Hi Zet,

I missed somehow your question about feature code for no-answer forwarding. There is *84 feature code for activating no-answer forwarding.
    Please, make a log capture for your second issue.

LevonD

Hi Levon,

So *84 is for no-answer forward call then?
    And *4 is for unconditional forwarding

I looked this code up in the guide, but I only see *4 for fowarding and didn't come across *84

Also scenario 2 is the issue it self, not scenario 1, I was testing to see which issue the client has.
    And the scenario 2 "Scenario2: When a person calls, they hear the welcome msg and if they know the extension please dial it now.
    They dial ext 14, and the call goes quiet for 20 sec until the person who is receiving the call answers.
    There is no music or anything during that time." has the problem which I made a copy from

Hi Levon,

I have a capture of the issue, where do I send it?

Krs,

Thread Information