Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Set up remote extensions

I found when setup a remote extension for Quadro(2-16)x IP-PBX, you can only use IP address of the Quadro for the proxy server and out proxy server. when I change to a URL or FQN, the remote extension cannot registered to the Quadro box, even though the DNS is correct setted. however those phone can register to a ITSP sip server using URL/FQN as standalone phone. I have tried this with several different IP phones including Aastra 9133i/480, Snom320, Netcomm v85, Linksys SPA941. Does anyone know how to make a RE working using URL/FQN?[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

Hello !

You are right. There is a small issue in software. Starting 4.1 version it will work correctly. Very soon 4.1 version will be available. Just know I can't tell you the correct date.

Thanks.

in previous message "know"=="now"[img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

I have SNOM 360 phone and Polycom 301/501 phone. I'm trying this phones setup as Remote phone. I have tried my level best, including a paid network technician, I could not make it work. Can any of you let is know what is the trick in doing so? Did you try Manual or Stun?

I would appreciate your detailed reply.

Quadro Architect

The detailed answer is possible if there is adetailed networlk description from you. Do you run Quadro behind the NAT, or not, do you have those phones behind the NAT or no, what is the network connection between Quadro and those phones?

If there is no NATs, there is no tricks, everything is more or less simple With NAT it is more complex, and depending on NAT type and network architecture, may or may not work.

I have enabled the remote extenion, user name and password for the number I'm trying to use as a remote extension. Both PBX and Remote extension are under NAT. Both use A DSL, no static IP for the PBX.

Office Quadro 4X - Configuration (Dynamic IP)

Verizon A DSL Westel Modem,Quadro 4X,Netgear 16 port POE switch, Polycom IP 601 Phones(3), 1 Line for PBX number.

Home Remote Extension configuration (Dynamic IP)

D&E Communications A DSL,Thompson DSL Modem,Belkin Router, Polycom 301 IP Phone.

I have tried Manual NAT method for connecting, it did not work. I would like get Polycom 301 work as remote extension. Do I need a static IP for Remote extension? Would both phones at office and home would ring simaltaneously? or only one would work at a time?

I can send you the screen shots for the Polycom software setup if you could help? My email id is cholayil@yahoo.com

I have registered this extension withEpygi SIP server web site. But it is showing up as not registered? Do I need to register this at PBX level secondary server level?

I would appreciate your reply.

Edited by: brainbeats

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by brainbeats
    I have enabled the remote extenion, user name and password for the number I'm trying to use as a remote extension. Both PBX and Remote extension are under NAT. Both use A DSL, no static IP for the PBX.

Office Quadro 4X - Configuration (Dynamic IP) Verizon A DSL Westel Modem,Quadro 4X,Netgear 16 port POE switch, Polycom IP 601 Phones(3), 1 Line for PBX number.

Home Remote Extension configuration (Dynamic IP) D&E Communications A DSL, Thompson DSL Modem, Belkin Router, Polycom 301 IP Phone.

Generally speaking, normal setup, if you want to use remote extension, is tohave Quadro with real static IP address, visible from the Internet. The configuration you have is one of the worst for configuring remote extension, but theoretically it may work. See below:

If your PBX is behind NAT, the only way you can connect remote extension is to have static holes (mappings) open in the NAT router. That is - you need to create static rules on the NAT machine, which are redirecting all external packets coming to port X, to your Quadro's SIP port; and packets coming to port range X1-X2 to be directed to your Quadro's RTP ports.

After that you can configure the Manual NAT Traversal using those ports. Set your "Mapped Host: " to NAT machine IP, and "Mapped Port:" in "SIP parameters" tab to port X, and "Mapped RTP/RTCP Port Range:" in "RTP Parametrs" to ports X1 and X2.

In remote extension configuration you'll need to set the NAT machine address and port X as the SIP Proxy address. Also please use the "Symmetric RTP " setting on your Quadro, when configuring the remote extension.

I have tried Manual NAT method for connecting, it did not work. I would like get Polycom 301 work as remote extension. Do I need a static IP for Remote extension?

No, static IP is not needed for remote extension.

Would both phones at office and home would ring simaltaneously? or only one would work at a time?

No, they will not ring simultaneously. As soon as your remote extension has registered, your phone in the office will be disabled. You need to unregister your Polycom 301 IP Phone for the phone in the office to become working again.

I can send you the screen shots for the Polycom software setup if you could help? My email id is cholayil@yahoo.com

I have registered this extension with Epygi SIP server web site. But it is showing up as not registered? Do I need to register this at PBX level secondary server level?

I would appreciate your reply.

If you need more detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do all this (I agree, this is a bit complex), please don't hesitate to contact our TSS. You can open a ticket and our TSS guys will be happy to help you online or over the phone.

I have a TSS contact and ICQ. I have emailed him how to contact him through ICQ. thanks for the inputs.

It is disappointing that the new firmware 4.0.4 is still not working for Remote Extension when it is using FQD/URL instead of IP address.[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

If you have the sameIP address range for both your Quadro Lan as well as the remote network.. The remote extension WILL NOT WORK... asthe RTP tries to send the voice traffic to the LOCAL ADDRESS, andnotthe REMOTE ADDRESS.

Basically it thinks the remote extension is on the same network segment.

Therefore I recommend NOT to set the Quadro LAN address to either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 as these are both the default for MANY off the shelf ADSL routers.

e.g. If you take a remote extension away on business.. and find your hotel has a network configured on the same as your office .. then your remote extension will not work...

Check out the diagram..as this explains it better

Thread Information