Thread: Register remote phone via ddns posible??

Default Register remote phone via ddns posible??

Hi guys, I'm wondering if it's possible to have a remote phone and have it register and work if I just open up the proper ports on the router where the Epygi is located.

The Epygi is behind a router, I have forwarded ports 5060 for sip and 6000-6099 for rtp, the phone does register but it cannot place calls or receive calls.

I can see the epygi server via a ddns addres and have even put the epygi in dmz to allow everything and I still can't get the phone to place calls or receive them.

Is this even possible? I know that I could do a vpn or other options to connect to the local network and then register the phone but I was wondering if I could just forward the ports and have the phone register. I want to do this for a couple of guys that are working in a remote location.

Thanks

I have similar issue on my side with a new Quadro M8L, cloned from an existing M8L. The remote phones do register OK but unable to make calls (extension and external). We have 2 Quadro M8Ls and on the other one, the remote phones do register OK and can make all calls OK. We are tracing the issue and the high suspect is the router which in this case is a newer model to the one on the M8L that works OK with remote phones.

Thread Information