Thread: What is the Destination Number Pattern of an FXO call?

Default What is the Destination Number Pattern of an FXO call?

The help screen on the Call Routing Wizard page of the Quadro GUI says this:

The Destination Number Pattern text field specifies calls to which the rule should be applied. If a call, either inbound or outbound, has a destination number that matches the specified pattern, it will be completed according to the current rule. A routing pattern may contain wildcards. The complete list of characters and wildcards allowed in this text field is given on the Allowed Characters and Wildcards page.
    What is the Destination Number Pattern for an incoming FXO call on a PSTN line with no Caller ID? The GUI won't let me leave it blank, and just an asterisk doesn't seem to work either (either that or my routing rule doesn't work).

Thanks, Peter
    Last edited by pjetson; 08-16-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Actually you don't need to use the Call Routing for inbound FXO calls (unless you want to configure some specific routing). Just open the Telephony -> FXO Settings GUI page, click on FXO line and choose from the list the extension that will answer the FXO calls.

Quote Originally Posted by hrant View Post
    Actually you don't need to use the Call Routing for inbound FXO calls (unless you want to configure some specific routing). Just open the Telephony -> FXO Settings GUI page, click on FXO line and choose from the list the extension that will answer the FXO calls.
    Hi, hrant. Thanks for your reply.

Searching through the forums for similar configurations, and with the help of another poster, I finally worked out a scheme to achieve what I wanted, which was to route incoming FXO calls to a choice of two (virtual) extensions.

I configured the FXO settings to send all incoming calls to extension 555. Then, I set up two routing rules with enabler/disabler settings to send the calls to one of two other virtual extensions depending on the enabler/disabler. After a lot of banging my head against the desktop, it is finally working.

The Destination Number Pattern in the routing rule needed to be set to 555, which doesn't make much sense to me - that's not where the calls are coming from, it's where they have been sent to.

Perhaps I haven't done things the "right" way, but I find the documentation very confusing

At least it seems to be working! Now, if only I could light up an indicator to show the enabler/disabler status.

Peter

Hi Peter,

i'm glad the problem is resolved and sorry for documentation. We are constantly working on improving it and your feedback is very important.
    Unfortunately there is no indicator showing the enabler/disabler status.

Thread Information