Thread: Call park .wav files

Default Call park .wav files

I want to replace the existing call park .wav files in my Quadro 4L.

Is there any way to download the default call park.wav files so that I have something to restore when I mess everything up?

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

How you are going the replace the default call park .wav files? Assuming you need to use the hidden uploadownmessages.cgi. In this case you don't need to download the existing files. Removing the changed file in this page will restore the default one.
    What you need to know is the name(s) of the system file(s). Regarding the call park these are:

callparkpickuplocal (The call is parked. You can pickup the call locally by dialing extension …)
    callparked (The call is parked)

The first wav file is regarding the case when you parking the call to any available park extension. The second wav file is regarding the case when you are parking the call to the specific call park extension.
    Please inform what additional details you need to know

Thanks
    Ashot

Quote Originally Posted by Ashot View Post
    How you are going the replace the default call park .wav files? Assuming you need to use the hidden uploadownmessages.cgi. In this case you don't need to download the existing files. Removing the changed file in this page will restore the default one.
    Hello, Ashot. Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I was going to use the hidden uploadownmessages.cgi page and since I couldn't see any way to delete files from that screen, I assumed that I would have to upload the default file again to "reset" the messages.

I haven't uploaded any replacement files yet, so perhaps I cannot yet see how to delete the uploaded files and restore the defaults. Will files that I upload appear on this screen, along with a way to delete them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashot View Post
    callparkpickuplocal (The call is parked. You can pickup the call locally by dialing extension …)
    callparked (The call is parked)
    Interesting - I haven't heard the second message because we always park the call to any available park extension.

Users are complaining that the first message is too long. I've told them that they don't need to listen to the whole message (they can hang up), but they still complain about it. Is it possible to download a copy of the second message from somewhere and use it to replace the first message? Or to download a copy of the first message and edit it? I looked on the web site but was unable to find any .wav files.

Regards,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

For me this is not a good idea to replace the message with the short one. First, how aware user on what call park extension call is parked. Second in this case both two call park methods will be mixed. Just for reminder. The first old method is when holding the call and dialing *5. In this case call will be parked on some free call park extension. The second - direct call park method is when user is holding the call then dialing the specific call park extension number.
    Anyway find attached the short callparked (The call is parked) wav file.

Thanks
    Ashot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information