Thread: Different ringtones on internal and external calls?

Default Different ringtones on internal and external calls?

Is it possible to have different ringtones for internal and external calls on a 4L? If so, what do I need to do to set this up?

Thanks,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, it is possible to have. Go to the Users-Extensions Management and open the Extension Settings for selected extension(let say for ext.#11). In the Supplementary Services - Caller ID Based Services for ext.#11 add a new entry with settings:
    Call Type- PBX;
    Address- *

Now open Caller ID Based services for the newly created entry and configure Distinctive Ringing with some custom ring tone.
    Go back to the Other Addresses and configure distinctive Ringing with some another ring tone.

Thanks
    Ashot

Thanks, Ashot. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work - the phones still have the same ring for all calls.

Maybe there is something that I need to do on the phones (which are Yealink T28P)?

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

Nothing need to do on the phone. If your configuration is according to my suggestion then for all PBX (internal) calls phone should ring with specified custom ring pattern. Please check the configuration once more and if this behavior is persisted repeat the test once more, after download the system logs and send to figure out the issue.
    Send the logs to the address: tss@epygiarm.am

Thanks
    Ashot

Quote Originally Posted by Ashot View Post
    Nothing need to do on the phone.
    Hi again, Ashot. I'm as sure as I can be that I have set up the 4L correctly.

I decided to bring out the "heavy machinery", and connected a computer running Wireshark to the phone so that I could make sure that the 4L was sending the right thing to the Yealink S28P.

What I discovered was that in the Invite packet, the alert-info header definitely changes depending on which Ring Pattern I set the Quadro 4L to (ie Summer = Bellcore-dr1, Spring = Bellcore-dr2 and so on). So, the 4L appears to be doing the right thing.

However, the Yealink S28P doesn't seem to be listening - it just outputs the same ringtone no matter what the 4L invites it to do.

There must be a setting in the Yealink S28P somewhere that is not correct, but I cannot find it. I have even reset my test phone to factory defaults in case it was something I changed, but still it stubbornly rings with only one tone.

The firmware in the phones is definitely the latest release.

Yealink's web site has an FAQ that says:

Q: In webpage, what is the Phone -> Ring used for?
    A: It is used for distinctive ringtone which allows you to personalize distinctive ringtone for different groups of your contacts, it needs IP PBX's support.
    On that configuration webpage, there are 8 settings, each with a field called "Internal Ringer Text" and a drop-down list called "Internal Ringer File". I tried setting the text fields in the first four entries to Bellcore-dr1 to Bellcore-dr4 and the drop-down lists to four different ringtones, but it still doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas? The users are hassling me to get this fixed, and my head is starting to hurt from banging it on my desk :-(

Regards,
    Peter

Unfortunately, I still haven't come up with an answer for this. Is anyone using Yealink T28P phones managed to get distinctive ringing working?

Thanks,
    Peter

The only answer I've been able to come up with for this issue is to make the phone handle it. Basically, the idea is that in a Yealink phone, the contacts list can have ringtones assigned to each contact.

I created a suitable .xml contacts file by entering a single contact via the phone's GUI, then exporting that file so that I could hand edit it using a text editor (that seemed easier than adding all the users on the phone).

So, the single contact .xml file looks like this:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <contactData>
      <groupinfo>
        <group name="Internal" ring="Resource:Ring5.wav"/>
      </groupinfo>
      <blacklist>
      </blacklist>
      <group sGroupName="" sGroupRing="">
        <contact sDisplayName="Peter" sOfficeNumber="13" sMobilNumber="" sOtherNumber="" sLine="0" sRing="Resource:Ring5.wav" group="Internal"/>
      </group>
    </contactData>
    This is for a single user called Peter, on extension 13, using the phone's internal Ring5.wav ringtone.

All I needed to do then was to add the rest of the users by copying the "Peter" line and editing the names and numbers, then load the .xml contact file into all of the phones, and voila - different internal and external ringtones on a Quadro with Yealink phones!

I hope this might help others with a similar problem.

Regards, Peter

Thread Information