Thread: Can BLF show DND?

Default Can BLF show DND?

New 4L user with Yealink T28 phones. Is there any way for a BLF indicator to show that an extension is set to DND?

Regards,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Go to the Line Settings-IP Line Settings - Advanced (for Yealink IP line) and use the DND option in Programmable Keys Configuration

Thanks
    Ashot

Default Showing DND status of a BLF monitored extension

Thanks, Ashot, but it seems I didn't explain the issue very well. It appears that you are telling me how to set up a DND button.

However, what I wanted was a way of telling that another phone was in DND state.

When a button/lamp on the phone is programmed as a BLF to monitor an extension, that lamp shows the status of some states of the monitored extension - green if the extension is on hook, red if a call is in progress, flashing red if it is ringing. However, it appears that a BLF button does not show that the monitored extension is in DND state.

I did a search of these forums and found a posting from a quite a while ago where people said this was a good idea, and that it would be added to a future firmware release.

So, is there an option somewhere, or a different way of programming the Quadro and/or phones so that a BLF key on one phone can show the DND status of another phone, as well as the other call states?

Regards,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

It is not possible now. The DND indication is designed for users just as a reminder that his phone is in DND state. On phones there is no way to show other extension's DND state. The only Epygi's Desktop Communication Control (DCC) application can show DND states of other extensions.

Best Regards,
    Armen

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenN View Post
    The only Epygi's Desktop Communication Control (DCC) application can show DND states of other extensions.
    I can't seem to find any information on the Desktop Communication Control application on the Epygi web site, or in Alloy's price lists. A quick search of the forums suggests that it may not have been released yet. Is that correct?

Regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

Sorry for confusing you. Armen just forgot to mention that Epygi DCC isn't released yet. It will be available with corresponding documentation about in a week.

Thanks
    Ashot

Thread Information