Thread: Auto configuration of Yealink SIP-T28P

Default Auto configuration of Yealink SIP-T28P

Hi. I have a Quadro 4L set up to automatically configure my Yealink SIP-T28P phones. However, this Quadro feature is apparently limited to programming some keys on the phones.

There are other common configuration settings that I'd like to send to the phones, like a logo, some phonebook URLs, and so on.

Is it possible to send this extra configuration to the phones via the 4L? If so, how can I do it?

Regards,
    Peter

We are continuously adding new configuration parameters to Quadro GUI for pushing to IP phones during auto provisioning. Having all phone parameters on Quadro GUI is not possible and makes no sense but we are trying to have those which are most demanded by our customers. As far as the logo and phone book are concerned then they are already there.
    For logo open the Telephony -> Line Settings -> Upload IP Phones Logo page and upload the needed logo file.
    For phone book URL open the Telephony -> Line Settings -> Manage IP Phones Templates page, select the template and in General Settings page create the URL.
    If you have specific request on any other parameter please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by hrant View Post
    If you have specific request on any other parameter please let us know.
    Hi, hrant - thanks.

As an example of what I'd like to do, when I program the Line Keys on the SIP-T28P phone using the phone's web interface, I can set a Type, a Value, and a Label. If I set a key to work as a DND key, I set the Type to BLF, the Value to *72, and the Label to DND. That gives me a key that is nicely labelled DND on the phone screen.

When I program the same key using the Quadro template facility, I can only set a Function and a Value but not a label. The phone screen uses the Value as the label, which means the key is labelled *72 which is not very friendly.

The same thing happens when I try to program a Call Park key as a speed-dial - when I do it through the phone's web interface, I can set a label, but through the Quadro web interface, I cannot, so the key is labelled *5 which means nothing to the users.

If I spend the time to manually program each one of the phones using its web interface, there's still the problem that the changes can be overwritten and lost by a phone reset or by changes made to the template in the Quadro and I'd have to manually do it all again.

So, is there any way to change what the Quadro sends the phone in its auto-configuration file? Is there a file hidden somewhere in the Quadro that I can modify?

Peter:

unfortunately there is no way to set the labels via Quadro currently. However, if you configure the labels manually they will not be overwritten by Quadro even if you reboot the phone or make the changes in templates.

Thread Information