Thread: Analogue handsets behave differently

Default Analogue handsets behave differently

Hi,

I'm progressing with my installation of my recently purchased Quadro2x. I can successfully make outgoing and receive incoming calls using my iiNet account when I use a "standard" Telstra analogue handset connected to Line 1.

My current problem is that when I connect my Uniden Elite 9135 base station to Line 1, when I dial the same sequence as on the Telstra handset I get a "The number you have dialled is not in service. Please check the number etc." message. If I dial 00 I get the Auto Attendant successfully. Interestingly enough, I can successfully receive calls on the Uniden phones through the iiNet account.

I guess there is some kind of interaction / misqueue between the Uniden and Quadro2x. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by jab; 06-11-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added can receive calls successfully

Default More information

With the Elite 9135 I now find that I can dial, for example 094843077 (the leading zero is to obtain a line). I can not, successfully dial 00412679792, it gives me the not-in-service message.

Am I right in thinking this is a dial plan issue?

Thanks.
    JAB

Quote Originally Posted by jab View Post
    Hi,

I'm progressing with my installation of my recently purchased Quadro2x. I can successfully make outgoing and receive incoming calls using my iiNet account when I use a "standard" Telstra analogue handset connected to Line 1.

My current problem is that when I connect my Uniden Elite 9135 base station to Line 1, when I dial the same sequence as on the Telstra handset I get a "The number you have dialled is not in service. Please check the number etc." message. If I dial 00 I get the Auto Attendant successfully. Interestingly enough, I can successfully receive calls on the Uniden phones through the iiNet account.

I guess there is some kind of interaction / misqueue between the Uniden and Quadro2x. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Hi - I guess my problem wasn't too interesting as it didn't attract any response. For the benefit of other newbs like myself, I'll close the loop on my problem.

It came down to a simple difference in the handsets as I had begun to discern by my second post. In fact, following the documentation for a basic installation would have worked without any problems if I had realised that I needed to adjust the gain on the FXS port #1 into which I had plugged my Uniden base station. Once the gain was adjusted, presto - it all worked like a bought one.

I think there might be a communication between your Quadro2x and the Uniden Elite 9135. This might be stopping your installation process.

Thread Information