Thread: DND - phone vs quadro

Default DND - phone vs quadro

Scenario: Newbie setting up Quadro 4L and Yealink SIP-T28P phones.

What's the differences between using the phone's DND facility and the Quadro's DND facility? Why would I choose one over the other?

As far as I can see, the differences are:

When using the phone's DND facility, I don't use up a BLF slot. I get a very small icon on the phone's display that shows that DND is set. If anyone calls while I'm on DND, I get a list of who called.

When using the Quadro's DND facility, I use a BLF slot, but I get a bright red indicator to remind me that the phone is on DND. I don't get a list of who called.

I also thought I was also stuck with different messages for the caller with each type of DND, but it appears that was just the default. It seems that I can choose from one of three messages for each type of DND from the Quadro GUI.

Have I missed any differences? Which DND facility do people usually choose? Why?

Regards,
    Peter

PS: I think I read somewhere that there is a timeout on DND - if it's left on for too long, it is turned off. Is that true? Does the same thing happen for both types of DND? How long is the timeout?

Hi Peter,

Epygi recommendation is - if the same facility is available on both the phone and the Quadro, use the Quadro facility. This recommendation is correct in case of DND service too.
    This is necessary to avoid problems with Quadro mis-configuration.
    Regarding the timeout on DND for Quadro. The expire timeout is configurable, and it is 30 min by default.
    BTW, according to brief test in my side the Yealink SIP-T28P phone DND facility doesn't work at all???

Thanks
    Ashot

Quote Originally Posted by Ashot View Post
    BTW, according to brief test in my side the Yealink SIP-T28P phone DND facility doesn't work at all???
    The Yealink SIP-T28P phone DND facility certainly works here.

However, it seems that the users prefer the Quadro DND facility, because it means there is a bright red (BLF) light on the phone to remind them that DND is turned on.

I'll need to search the Quadro GUI for the timeout setting, because people here used the DND facility on the old phone system when they went out for lunch or for outside appointments, and a 30 minute timeout is not long enough.

Regards,
    Peter

The DND timeout isn't universal for all extensions on the Quadro. You have to configure it separately for each selected extension. Go to Users-Extensions Management-Extensions Settings (for a selected extension)-Supplementary Services-Basic Services General Settings-DND Settings

Thanks
    Ashot

Thanks, Ashot, particularly for pointing out where in the GUI I could find the settings!

Regards,
    Peter

Thread Information