Thread: Problem with templates - 4L + Yealink SIP-T28P

Default Problem with templates - 4L + Yealink SIP-T28P

Hi there, newbie here. I'm setting up a new Quadro 4L with 16 Yealink SIP-T28P phones, and trying to use the templates facility to set up Park and DND keys. Everything has the latest firmware.

The Yealink SIP-T28P has 10 programmable keys down the right side. Initially, I decided to set the lower 4 keys as park keys (I called the lowest key Park 4, the second lowest Park 3 and so on), and also set the top key as DND. That seemed to work just fine.

However, I then decided that 4 park locations was probably too many, so I changed the template to 3 park locations (lowest key = Park 3, next up Park 2, etc), then sent the new template to the phones.

Unfortunately, the lower four keys are still programmed, but now Park 3 is at the bottom, Park 2 next up, Park 1 next, and Park 1 again next. It seems that I can't "un-program" the fourth key up.

In the template, I originally set the now unused key to "none", but that didn't clear it. I also tried "pre-configured", but that didn't clear it either. I reset the Quadro, and that didn't clear it. I rebooted the phones, but that didn't clear it either. I waited overnight to see if it cleared itself, and still no joy.

What do I have to do to "un-program" a key that I've programmed using the template facility?

By the way, the main reason that I decided to use three park keys is that I ran out of BLF monitorings (according to the logs). Three of the phones have extension displays where we want to monitor all 16 extensions, which takes up 48 of the available slots. All 16 phones wanted the park and DND keys, which made another 80. Reducing the four park keys to three brought that down to 64, which is still more than was available, but I couldn't figure out how to reduce it any further so I used the generalconfig.cgi hack to increase the limit to 150. Did I do the right thing, or is there a better way?

Regards, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pjetson View Post
    What do I have to do to "un-program" a key that I've programmed using the template facility?
    No suggestions?

Regards, Peter

Does this mean that it's not possible? That once I program a key using templates, I'm not able to "un-program" it again?

Peter

Hi Peter,

Seems there is an issue there, we have to investigate it. Meanwhile you can use the workaround: after "un-program" reset the phones to factory default

Thanks
    Ashot

Thread Information