Thread: No FXO lines ?

Default No FXO lines ?

Hi
    My Quadro4X tells me that there are no FXO lines yet they are connected and a std phone plugged in works OK

Any help gratefully accepted ??
    Cheers
    -
    Mike

Still not working - we have unplugged, reset done everything I can think of.

Is there any other daignostic I can run ??
    -
    Mike

I take that's a no then ...

Anyone offer to repair or sell me a new one ?

Mike
    01555 666 313 (oh silly me i've had no phones now for about a week) i'll be back from Albania on Weds next week and will be sorting this out - to be honest i'm very disappointed with the 4X, surely they are (generally) more reliable than this ??

Well well.

Logs report: Sun May 6 05:27:19 2012 _ update_ New firmware version 5.3.6 installed.
    Then between 05:26 and 05:34 everything works again - FXO lines are available.

Now either (A) British Telecom were out fixing the lines (@ 5am ??) or (B) the software update fixed the problem that the software update screwed up last week ?

No business phones for a whole week.
    Working again now ...

Any clues, confessions, quick visits down honesty lane ?

Administrator

Mike,
    I apologize for the delayed update on this. You're post was brought to my attention.

You are correct, the 5.3.5 software release had a problem with the FXO ports. The release was removed once we were notified of the problem. The 5.3.6 release that we reposted has this problem resolved.

I was aware of two other customers that had this problem and we working closely with them to provide them updates on the progress.

The forum is a good source of info. but it isn't the best place to report problems. You should be working closely with your Distributor to report these types of problems for best response.

This problem was not detected since the FXOs worked fine for some, such as our test labs, depending on the characteristics of the PSTN line.

Regardless, we apologize for the problem and corrected the problem as soon as could.

Regards,

Andy White
    Director, Technical Support
    andy.white@epygi.com

Actually I don't have a "distributor" however I did report this problem to Electronic Frontiers Limited (Elecfron) within 24 hours of noticing that the FXO ports had "dissapeared" all they were interested in doing was sending me to a reseller so I could buy a new SNOM pbx.

Having no business phones (at all) for 6 days is not something I would like to repeat - I have learnt my lesson, VoIP gateway PBX's should not be used for critical communications and there should always be a 2-wire failsafe available for when the system craps out.

POTS = reliability

Faults I can understand but the fact that you (Epygi) released malicious code which interrupted all telephone calls for a week, I find most dissagreable.

I am almost tempted to upgrade my feelings from "mildly annoyed" to "irritated".

Please try harder in future.

Administrator

Mike,
    We do thorough testing of each software release before it it posted. The FXO's were tested. This is one of the most basic functions. Unfortunately, the PSTN lines that we used for testing did not cause a problem so it was not detected in the lab environment. Our products are known for reliability- software and hardware so it was just as disappointing to us to find this problem There's not much more to say.

Regards,

Andy

Thread Information